What is on your desk today?

Today I’m making my own cable.

Twisting it will be the next step. :grimacing:

10 Likes

I’m experimenting with making wrist rests. The angled cut isn’t quite where I’d like it, but it’s close. Not sure what to do for color yet. I tried emulating Jackson Pollock on a scrap piece of wood and it’s much harder than it seems to get to look right. Who knew?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Gamer efficiency :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mixed Susuwatari with Serika… Turned out pretty decent imo.

13 Likes

Swapped the original 45g domes back into my 660C, relubed it with 205g0, & swapped out the V1 keyclack silencing rings for the V2s I got sent while I was in there. So I’ve been rocking this a good bit lately. Feels so much better than it did with BKE extremes or heavies. Don’t get me wrong they were pretty unique & surprisingly useable setups. Although the more I hone in on my preferences the more I am trending towards much lighter switches than I initially liked. Also the 205g0 gives such a more buttery feel than the VPF1514 I used previously.

12 Likes

I just finish my newest build today,
a slight change to the standard 60%

Specs:

• self-design PCB, ATMega32u4 with QMK
  • FR4 plate
  • Aluminum low profile case
  • KK Light Wave switch
  • keycap XDA Zero Fighter
8 Likes

Interesting, that puts the spacebar as far over (actually even a bit further) to the right as if you’re using a 7u, but gives you the extra key from a 6.25u bottom row! I take it you tend to hit the space with your right thumb also? Any plans on having more of these PCBs made? If you do please let us know, I’d love to grab one or two to mess around with! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would say it’s pretty common to hit space between V&B.

1 Like

Maybe just me cuz I rocking split spacebars. :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah you do got a point that this wouldn’t be too much of a stretch for a lefty hitter either. Personally though I use my right thumb to hit space & it’s usually more to the right when I do. Say no further left than B & N for me, that why the flipped 6.25u setup caught my attention so much.

It was first when I changed to split I realized that I use both left and right and therefore robbed me of an extra button I had plans for. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You know, I was never a fan of split space till I got my Acrylic Alice, on that I really enjoy using the right bar as the space & the left bar as backspace. Since then I’ve been wanting to try split space on a regular layout. I agree the extra key could be very useful on smaller layouts.

3 Likes

I actually hit space with my left thumb, with the normal 3 bottom-row modifiers on the left, it’s easier to hit space but I use FN + WASD for arrows so I feel the conventional placement of Fn is somewhat unintuitive as I cannot one-hand use arrow keys.
I use HHKB Control and Backspace, by the way, and the bottom left key (old left Control) is (pretty much) useless for me. :smiley: (for some reasons I cannot use HHKB arrows)
I think this layout is even better for people whoe use right thumb to hit spacebar.

I’m not making any promises yet about selling this PCB. :grin:

4 Likes

Built the Ryloo “Hello” M0110 keyboard tonight with 67g Zealios and GMK Dots. The drop had some issues with packaging and missing accessories, but the board turned out really well and is a joy to type on IMO.

18 Likes

My CA66 with a custom badge just for me

14 Likes

Saw your build log yesterday, this is a really nice board :slight_smile:

1 Like

No work for me today

24 Likes

This was a neat build to watch, and sorry about those terrible allergies man. I hope you are feeling better.

4 Likes

I got in SA Godspeed Mitospeed Row 3 today. This is pretty much the perfect set for me. I love SA Godspeed legends, I love the laser colorway, and I love being able to fit uniform profile caps on 40s boards easily.

15 Likes