What is your favorite keyboard that you own? And why?

I think it was in the GB thread. I almost pulled for a red on, happy i went grey.

1 Like

My (current) favorite is my new Model F, it is just amazing to type on, and with VIA support it has all the convenience of a modern board.

I also have a soft spot for my FC660c (I have 3, two in Heavy 6 cases and one in stock for travel), again with VIA support (via HASU controller), probably the perfect compact keyboard from my perspective.

Having spent hundreds of dollars on custom key caps, the irony of my two favorite boards not being friendly to that aspect of the hobby is not lost on me…

13 Likes

I need to keep take some better pictures, but lately I just keep coming back to the MX:SS, it is sooo good, nice and clacky, super solid feeling, and super chonky without much angle (3 degrees, major plus to me). It’s put together with brass plate, old UNMEPEE stems lubed in cream housings, c3 stabs, sandstorm, and whatever these green mods are from (I think it was called ‘mint dolch’ or something, got them as extras on dorp a couple years ago).

9 Likes

My favorite keyboard is always the one in front of me :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I’ve been taking a tour of many types of layouts and switches. I’m currently on a standard-staggered 40% with a Planck-like layout and I love it.

2 Likes

i’m not familiar with that one… what is it? very interesting 6 & 7 columns.

It’s my own:

I came up with it by going from a traditional keyboar, through a Planck, Atreus, a weird Alice-like ortholinear layout, and a 12-column version of Kamina, looking for my perfect layout. I’m pretty much happy with this one, except for the weird positions of ins, del and , but there is a compromise between that and the size, and I need it to be small, so that I don’t move my hands while typing.

thanks. very nice.

I love southpaw and I’m not even left handed… :grinning:
Always wanted something similar.
Because of my OCD it makes me crazy when the keyboard is not really centered while I type. :sweat_smile: :sob:
Something like this:

1 Like

Right now, it’s the constellation. But in a few month’s time, I will strongly believe that it will turn into Dalco 959 mini or the Vega depending on which arrives first.

1 Like

Oh my. The colorway on this is just so subtly insane. Perfect use of an acrylic case bud. Beaut.

You just missed this one -

https://clueboard.co/parts/clueboard-2x1800-2021

2 Likes

:grinning: To much meme…
And i saw this.
But thanks.

At the moment the Tex Shinobi is my daily driver / fav keeb.
The compactness and build quality is amazing :slight_smile:
(I built this one with Alpacas.)

11 Likes

Looks sweet yo. Also, don’t want to be a dick but this isn’t OCD and is a pretty poor way to misuse that term.

2 Likes

Is the “fc660c_via.hex” file on the VIA website for the fc660c Hasu controller then? I didn’t realize that it was ported to VIA (just been running stock QMK on mine).

On a side note, it would be really cool to also see a VIA port for the Hasu USB to USB converter for a few standard layouts.

Clinically accurate use, no, but a VERY common use and well within the bounds of it’s context. I’m sure no offense was intended, and the term wasn’t remotely used pejoratively.

1 Like

Very common doesn’t mean appropriate or worth repeating. Whether the intention was to belittle or not, which I know it wasn’t, it’s not fair to people with mental disorders to continue to standardize their diagnoses as personality quirks. It perpetuates misunderstanding. Of course you’re welcome to disagree.

1 Like

Thanks and yes I know it isn’t the proper way to use that term, but like fatalruin said it is used very often in this way. For sure I didn’t say this in any offending or degrading way.

No harm done, just trying to keep things clear and respectful.

I mean, it’s not really fair to publicly shame someone on a keyboard forum for the use of a commonly used term especially when you know that their intent wasn’t malicious, but alas, this world is not fair. I do get your point however, and it has merit. If education is your goal, then chastisement is a poor approach (maybe a pm was in order). I suppose the phrase “compelled to use symmetric layouts” would have been the most accurate statement though at the risk of being overly verbose.