What is your favorite keyboard that you own? And why?

But have you seen it in red?

13 Likes

The GB was actually just called ā€œSouthpaw Fullsizeā€, back in 2017 the layout was unique enough that the creator could get away with giving it a very literal name.

If youā€™re looking for something similar, the Hex 6C should be finishing up production this month and Iā€™m pretty sure there will be extras.

1 Like

Gotta go with me heavily modded HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard so many good things about the HHKB and have been wanting to try one, but am a little hesitant about the modding process, how difficult would you say it is?

2 Likes

Not bad at all! For lubing, you just need a brush, lube, and a screwdriver. You lube the 2 sliders for each switch and youā€™re done, mich easier than MX. Just be careful not to have all the springs fall out. I also foamed it, which was even easier, using some random thin foam and a knife.

1 Like

5 Likes

I think it was in the GB thread. I almost pulled for a red on, happy i went grey.

1 Like

My (current) favorite is my new Model F, it is just amazing to type on, and with VIA support it has all the convenience of a modern board.

I also have a soft spot for my FC660c (I have 3, two in Heavy 6 cases and one in stock for travel), again with VIA support (via HASU controller), probably the perfect compact keyboard from my perspective.

Having spent hundreds of dollars on custom key caps, the irony of my two favorite boards not being friendly to that aspect of the hobby is not lost on meā€¦

13 Likes

I need to keep take some better pictures, but lately I just keep coming back to the MX:SS, it is sooo good, nice and clacky, super solid feeling, and super chonky without much angle (3 degrees, major plus to me). Itā€™s put together with brass plate, old UNMEPEE stems lubed in cream housings, c3 stabs, sandstorm, and whatever these green mods are from (I think it was called ā€˜mint dolchā€™ or something, got them as extras on dorp a couple years ago).

9 Likes

My favorite keyboard is always the one in front of me :slight_smile:

Seriously though, Iā€™ve been taking a tour of many types of layouts and switches. Iā€™m currently on a standard-staggered 40% with a Planck-like layout and I love it.

2 Likes

iā€™m not familiar with that oneā€¦ what is it? very interesting 6 & 7 columns.

Itā€™s my own:

I came up with it by going from a traditional keyboar, through a Planck, Atreus, a weird Alice-like ortholinear layout, and a 12-column version of Kamina, looking for my perfect layout. Iā€™m pretty much happy with this one, except for the weird positions of ins, del and , but there is a compromise between that and the size, and I need it to be small, so that I donā€™t move my hands while typing.

thanks. very nice.

I love southpaw and Iā€™m not even left handedā€¦ :grinning:
Always wanted something similar.
Because of my OCD it makes me crazy when the keyboard is not really centered while I type. :sweat_smile: :sob:
Something like this:

1 Like

Right now, itā€™s the constellation. But in a few monthā€™s time, I will strongly believe that it will turn into Dalco 959 mini or the Vega depending on which arrives first.

1 Like

Oh my. The colorway on this is just so subtly insane. Perfect use of an acrylic case bud. Beaut.

You just missed this one -

https://clueboard.co/parts/clueboard-2x1800-2021

2 Likes

:grinning: To much memeā€¦
And i saw this.
But thanks.

At the moment the Tex Shinobi is my daily driver / fav keeb.
The compactness and build quality is amazing :slight_smile:
(I built this one with Alpacas.)

11 Likes

Looks sweet yo. Also, donā€™t want to be a dick but this isnā€™t OCD and is a pretty poor way to misuse that term.

2 Likes