What's on your workbench today?

I’m sorry, I never got back to you.

It’s a profile I have been working on. I call it URSA Major, since it’s the high profile of the two :smiley:

1 Like

Those are great!
Are they 3d printed ?

Yes, they are. Resin prints with 0.05 layer height. They feel great :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been working on this profile for some time. It was completed last year, and I’ve been test typing it ever since :smiley:

The colors are small tweaks to the design, mostly the dish.

15 Likes

Wow - those look awesome - especially for 3D printed ones.

Thank you, when there’s nothing else to do — one can always polish them :smiley:

9 Likes

how did you get legends on this set? last I saw, these were still single shot prints

wait, does that imply that there will be a low profile “ursa minor”, and will height be the only difference?

Yup :smiley:

1 Like

The infill of the legends is done with polymer clay.

4 Likes

interesting, very excited for ursa minor.

1 Like

The legends are super sharp !

1 Like

@Dr.Doof @StaticNebula26

You may want to have a look here. :smiley:

1 Like

Talk about a seemingly simple thing made hard. I know I’m tired but this one got me: swapping TTC Matrix switches into one of my Prophets. The POM plate is quite soft and somehow it’s difficult to seat switches but they pop out easily so I found myself playing whackamole. I’d get one switch seated and another would pop out or the plate would bend since the switch wasn’t fully seated. Eventually I gave up and loaded the entire plate with switches, then aligned them to the millmax sockets on the PCB and seated them. Definitely never done that before but surprisingly it worked.

8 Likes

As far as I know, this is the only low-pain way to use a POM plate. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think someone actually does make a tool specifically for dealing with soft-plate challenges - looks a bit like a wide-tooth comb - but yeah. I feel that headache.

2 Likes

My fingertips would disagree with the low-pain sentiment, but point taken :rofl: It’d worked in one off instances before but definitely not here. Lesson learned!

I ended up doing almost the same thing as you when I was trying to swap them while the assembly was still in the board. The modifiers were usually okay as was the num row but the alphas towards the center got me. every. single. time.

I think they have been officially named “plate forks”. I just bought one. They are popping up on more and more sites.

1 Like

This is where PCB padding helps immensely.

3 Likes

Finally put those fun stickers on the BBOX60.

Next to a real breadbin:

23 Likes

Going fully retro, even with the record player. Endless love for the days of my youth — the breadbin.

BTW, Matt3o showed a C64 case on his discord server. Sounds like he wants to have it manufactured.

1 Like