What's on your workbench today?

Whatever is going on there looks like serious business.

1 Like

I have finished what I think might be one of the nicest 10-key/macropads I’ve personally experienced. The RMKeebs “RM-Numpad”.

Finishes

1. Cerakote Jesse James Civil Defense Blue.
  2. Cerakote Stormtrooper White.
  3. 2-part Epoxy with Glow Powder.

Switches

1. Lychee UHMWPE - Tactile.

Caps

1. Drop MT3 Black on White
11 Likes

You know it’s serious when there is a triangular warning sticker!

1 Like

I think you chose the perfect keycap for this procedure.

hmmm

3 Likes

Modded a Mistel Md770 for a client. He really wanted a split 75% for his first ‘custom’, so we went with this board. Desoldered the stock Cherry Reds and switched them out for Box Jades at his request. Added some case foam and tape modded the PCB. Syringe lubed plate mount factory lubed stabs (already pretty good to begin with tbh). Random PBT keycap set he bought himself. Pretty solid Amazon-only build! Haven’t soldered in a couple of months so it was good practice. Slowly getting better at it… (I think)

This is my first experience with a truly split keyboard and man… they’re pretty awesome, not gonna lie. Versatile!

12 Likes

Finally got around to rebuilding my GHS.RAR today. Initially built with H1 switches. But there was something wrong with the batch. Kept getting a weird squeak here and there and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Built with Epsilon switches now. I don’t have many builds with the same switches, but now I can say that I have 2 keyboards with Epsilons :orange_square:

I didn’t even have to film this newest batch. :+1:

4 Likes

I finally got a chance to build a Freebird60 with Meow Claws and ePBT x GOK BoW.

Overall it was a pretty straight forward o-ring build, but the case’s two side standoffs didn’t match up with the KBD plate shown. Luckily my trusty iFixit screw bit had enough bite on the screw’s edge to allow for a very dodgy side angled tightening. I was able to ensure both screws seated flush, but I did end up scuffing those standoffs a bit in the process.

I’d totally suggest going with KFA’s own plates when building in their cases. The tolerances are just way too tight making confidence low that other plates would even fit at all.

For the switches, outside of ThereminGoat’s review, not much more to add only that the pitch is so high they almost sound cheap while still feeling extremely premium. They’re almost like a super dampened clicky, but with a quick and crisp actuation and “snap crackle pop” upstroke. It’s a keeper for sure.

5 Likes

Exactly how I would describe Meow Claws :+1:

2 Likes

I finally put together my J-01! And I’ve never decided to desolder a board faster lol. I decided to try Keybored’s version of the Epsi mod, and despite everything seeming fine pre-build, after using it for a bit I’ve come to the conclusion that is was a horrible idea. The stabilized keys sound so muted that the characteristics of the switches (oil kings) are entirely gone and they feel ridiculously mushy. It’s actually not that bad in the spacebar, but enter/backspace/lshift all just feel awful and sound horribly out of place on a board that was made to accentuate the sound of the switches in it.

13 Likes

Presently, a mess. Hopefully in the future a Norbaforce MkIII GoCF edition. Paused now as I wait on the recommended lubrication because I don’t plan these projects very well.

9 Likes

Way to little time for keyboard-stuff at the moment, but I finally managed to at least start building my all-orange board.

8 Likes

Orange PCB would be awesome, too. But I guess getting one of those would be a huge hassle. :thinking:

Finally finished! Built with kailh choc jades so people know they are losing to a button masher :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Yes, I considered an orange PCB. But there are only a few orange PCBs in general, and I couldn’t find one that supports the layout I like.

So I went for black, which I find really nice with the transparent switches and stabs.

I’ll post a pictures when it’s finished.

1 Like

Turned out great. What Filament did you use?

I used the ERYONE Galaxy Sparkly Glitter PLA in purple and black. I got them on a sale a while ago so I figured it would be a good time to use them :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you doing a force gauge measurement, or are you doing a break-in test? You and I might have some similar ideas. :slight_smile:

Force measurements

2 Likes

Thank you.

I’ve had great prints with Eryone in the past. To anyone else, I can highly recommend their filaments.

2 Likes

Just finished (except for missing polyfill to optimize sound) building this for my son’s fiancé. It’s a bridal keyboard so went for white color theme w/clean aesthetics. Hidden inside are hand-polished Cherry blacks w/diamond paste.

26 Likes