What's on your workbench today?

Might also be relevant in keyboard chores, but this is as good a place as any.

The cable looks great! The rainy green behind compliments it, too.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

This looks great. I tried to repair a broken cable, and it was much more fiddle-y then I expected. Impressive work for your first!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m just glad it didn’t fry my keyboard lol. It ended up being a lot more rigid than I was expecting it to be, it’s probably the techflex :thinking:

I’m building a 60% just for fun.

9 Likes

Almost finished.
I realised that I made the top a touch to tight, the FN-key scratches slightly. But that can easily be fixed with a bit of sanding paper.
Other than that I am quite happy with my first case.
Not sure yet if I keep those caps on it…

15 Likes

Looks great! awesome project

Superb end result. You can get Doubleshot SA Keycaps for twenty dollars now on Amazon if you want something higher profile.

2 Likes

@dwarflemur and @rpiguy9907:

Thanks a lot!

I think in the long run I will go for blue and grey keycaps, but for now the red-orange colourway works fine.

@rpiguy9907: Actually, I really like the low-profile DSA caps, SA would be way to high for my taste.
And sadly, most companies don’t make norwegian/nordic keycaps.
So I am frequent customer at Signature Plastics (pimpmykeyboard), and I am happy supporting such a small company.

2 Likes

One for the road! I recently liquidated most of my Alps parts to @Rob27shred but I just had to build one more with my leftovers.

XD60, Tai Hao WoB, Linearized Black Alps, FR4 Plate from KeebmeUp - sounds and looks great!

My 2.75u Alps stabilizer bar was nerfed badly, so I need to source a new Alps stabilizer wire for the right shift.

Other than that, this is one of the best cheap and cheerful builds I’ve done in a while. Now to figure out what case I am going to put this in…

11 Likes

Building a Gingham and documenting my first build log :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Built me a solder pump declogger.

Follow me for more keyboard tips.

18 Likes

Essential!

3 Likes

I’ve got approximately 75 of these pullers now so it wasn’t much of a sacrifice

1 Like

Ah yes, a Cherry MX Brown Remover declogger.

4 Likes

How have you been liking that desolder gun? I don’t need one right now, but I was thinking about grabbing one when I next want to do a re-build.

1 Like

Like night and day. Totally worth it.

2 Likes

Got a new project coming in the mail. Was wondering if I could get your opinions on cerakote colors. I will be using GMK Belafonte, GMK Hennessey, the combination of the two, or EPBT Ivory on this board. Was thinking of going with Stormtrooper white (https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating/H-297/Stormtrooper-white) or maybe Sunflower (https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating/H-317/sunflower). It is going to have a lot of bezel so the color will make quite a statement. Any opinions or other suggestions? Thanks!

2 Likes

Build update: It’s working! This board has been a great way to learn soldering. Let’s see how the switches go.

11 Likes

Both white and sunflower would go great with the Life Aquatic sets, but (maybe) neither would be as impactful with ivory. Not sure if you can get samples, but if Aztec Teal is close to the render below, it would be a solid pairing with any of the three sets or combination thereof :slight_smile:

4 Likes