What's on your workbench today?

Swapped plate, switches and caps on my U80.

Olivia looks good on everything.

13 Likes

This is a true statement.

1 Like

Installed stabilizers oWlab version 3 (the ones that break keycaps)
Switches set on the top row, WuqueStudio WS Onion Switch.
The rest is - TECSEE Mango Ice, a tactile switch.
Top UPE. Bottom nylon. Stem UPE. spring 63.5g
He already has a lubrication stem where the contact is.
I lubed the spring and side rails very thinly.
DROP DCX keycaps.

Summary

When lubricating, I saw that one switch was a marriage.
He burned. I don’t even know how they could melt it, or how they burned it.

At the TECSEE Mango Ice switch.
There is a very very small wobble.
So I had to watch all my FILM.
To match the color and thickness.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw the dust after the current: (( :smiling_face_with_tear:When I already sat down to cut the photo frame.

Summary

This is a temporary build. Since the keycaps that I want to assemble here have not yet arrived.
Of course, I will put all the keycaps that I have here. For tests. But there will be permanent, in color.

Therefore, surprises awaited me.
In this assembly there is no space keycap 7u ((
There is no ISO enter and slash (((
In a set of Domikey that I installed.

Default oil king gateron switches.
Stabilizers AEBOARDS Staebies v2
All nylon, but on PC backspace.

6 Likes

It was another mega mega run. As they say adventure for 5 minutes. Greased and installed. In fact, this adventure came out at 9 o’clock. :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

It all started when I decided it was time. I need to re-lube the Gateron North Pole Switch.
I collected my tools. Turned on Taeha’s stream as a background.
Removed old grease. The new one was decided by Krytox 203g2. Oil 105.
And the film is nylon from Dangerkibs.

This overhang shortens the film options.
You just need film, like a rectangular frame.
Then I took silicone ones from dangerkibs.
All is well with them.

I thought, well, I’ll also re-grease the stabilizers. It was a mistake))
Because of them, I spent 6 hours extra. Instead of lubricating and changing switches in 3 hours as usual, I spent 9 hours killing myself.

All because of the keycap space. There was something wrong with him.
The sound hums from both sides. ratling.

8 Likes

Finished and ordered Topre tester. I thought this would save money. It definitely did not after all the deskeyparts :sweat:

9 Likes

Looks great though!

1 Like

Does it sound as good as it looks? The MT3 caps look very satisfying in that photo.

2 Likes

Thanks! Personally, I think it sounds wonderful and is really fun to use, but I’m biased.

I will say, that the combination between the case, the switches, and the keycaps make this a very loud keyboard. Definitely not one for the office. I did a quick little sound test using my iPhone mic about a foot away from the board.

Specs:

• Vega65 by ai03 - alu plate, 1 plate foam, 1 case foam, with standoffs
  • Harimau tactile switches (straight from the factory like the monster I am)
  • Durock v2 stabs lubed with Krytox 205g0
  • ABS MT3 Dasher and Dancer
  • 4mm deskmat

edit to fix the sound test link

3 Likes

I tried using a nylon razor to get the gasket strips off of the alu plate without damaging them and it worked! I mounted them onto the case since that makes much more sense than how they came. You’d think with how much the board cost, they could spare an extra set of strips. The Green Door Geeks POM plate doesn’t disappoint.

9 Likes

Just built a new little guy

It’s the acrylic bolt, a nice cheap build from Lazy Designers. No idea what caps I’ll put on it but it’s good to finish the hard part for the first time in months!

11 Likes

Switches were lubricated with BSUN Glacier Pandas POM.
Keycaps KEY KOBO
The sound is high. I even took out my other abs keycaps to compare the same cap in the same place.
High keycap sound.((

Summary

2 Likes

Those keycaps looks quite amazing, the font is very uniform compared to non-GMK sets.

Noticed this moment. What is “W” for everyone who makes a font like gmk, below.

5 Likes

Today I did the assembly on MOYU Poseidon Switch.

There was one particular problem.
I decided to check on the first switch how film sits here.
And I immediately realized that if, as usual, put the film on the bottom, then the spring, then the stem and the top on top. That film is wrinkled.

I decided then to do the opposite)
film inserted into the top of the switch itself.
And then when I lubricated the bottom, lubricated the spring and inserted it, lubricated the stem and inserted it. From above I put on the top of the switch with the already film inside it.

At the same time compared MOYU Poseidon Switch and TUNGSTEN SWITCHES
They are almost the same. Poseidon just has a heavier spring. And the sound is slightly different. Quieter.

Yesterday I was so tired during assembly that I did not write in detail about the stabilizers. I’ll write now. Plus below the message more)
In a video clip on YouTube. The description is correct. All stabilizers are Owlstab V3. But.
As usual, when you often and a lot change switches and keycaps on one stabilizer, it can start to click. To fix it, you just need to disassemble it and reassemble it.
I didn’t have the time or energy. Therefore, I put a TX v3 stabilizer on the space keycap.

4 Likes

I liked everything about yesterday’s build. BUT.
I spent almost all day on it. Therefore, I did not play “I will make stabilizers”. I mean, I just put TX stabilizers. Because there are no problems with them. BUT I don’t like their sound and the way they move only on the space keycap.
Therefore, this morning I took out my stabilizer tester and set up only the space keycap there. I took AEBOARDS Staebies v2 version from PC.
To maximize everything was the best level, I did everything without lubrication. Therefore, for a long time I could not understand why an absolutely even bracket ratlit. And the curve does not ratlit. Since the stabilizer is from a PC. You can see what’s going on inside. Bent to make a crooked brace. To defeat the ratling. For some reason it worked.
Then when I was convinced that without lubrication, there were no ratling, no movement problems. I lubed it all with Krytox.
And he transplanted a healthy stabilizer.

It’s almost the end of the day.
So I just changed the keycaps.
Wanted to see what it looks like.
Well, how does it feel to print.

Summary

I always take pictures in bed. Since my room and where I type is without sun. The sun only shines until 10 am. Then it’s dark. I don’t like bright light :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love the combination of dasher/dancer.

1 Like

Thanks! I was really happy with the mix and match possibilities with these two sets. I posted a pic on the matt3o discord and someone replied with their board using just the cyan colors from the two sets; I thought it looked just as nice with that variation.

ShoPad build today, in tandem with a 2u 0 mod on my 23u.
The pad has lubed sliders, silenced with deskey rings, deskey topre to MX sliders, and BKE Extreme domes. The keycaps are WoB Mt3s from Drop.

11 Likes

Today I made an assembly on Domikey X JU.
Keyboard QK65 qwertykeys.
Key Kobo keycaps.

Summary

They don’t need a film. The body is very strong.

Keycaps still have a slightly higher sound than Domikey Cherry Profile or gmk.

Summary

4 Likes