What's on your workbench today?

Well, here you are right. Price.
Everything should be good out of the box. And refinement only makes it better.

1 Like

Thanks for that bit of knowledge. Saved me the trouble of explaining to my wife why I’m ordering a bunch of nail polish.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed review! I had high hopes for these so it’s a bit disappointing, but I’ll give mine a red hot go anyway :wink:

Stabilizers are such a thing that it is almost impossible to predict the result.)
You can buy several pieces and one will come out just fine, and the click and sound. And the others are bad.
In addition to the stabilizer itself, the switch itself, or the keycap, can also be a problem. So I usually spend a lot of time not purely on the stabilizer, but on tests with different keycaps and switches on one. And if it is tkl, then there you need to check it in the same way as many as 5 times) :face_holding_back_tears:

That’s why I love 40 or hkhkb :heart_hands:

6 Likes
Anybody want some T...O...P...R...E...?
I got all the makin's right here.
All I need is a place to cook.

Turning the Matrix ME SE into a Matrix ME SE EC.

9 Likes

Let us know how it turns out. Looks good enough to entice me to try Topre again.

After spending a lot of time over-engineering V2 and V3, I got sick of waiting for myself to finish V4 and simply used V1. And I’m actually happy with it :joy:

Don’t worry, uniform jars are coming!

7 Likes

TGR Tomo in Suave Blue and KAM L’il Dragon with U4Ts, about to get switched to Blackberry clicky switches.

I wasn’t sure how KAM L’il Dragon was going to work with the blue board, but I really like how it turned out. I am also loving the KAM profile.

Thanks to Deadeye’s help with information about the Blackberries. Helped me make a decision on the purchase.

Now it’s time to hear how they sound.

6 Likes

Summary

6 Likes

Today I’ll be working on assembling a new-in-box M65-A.

My space gray M65-A was one of my first “premium” keyboards.

When I first contacted Hiney about making a new PCB for this board, I immediately went to mechmarket to see if any M65-As were available and affordable. I ended up finding one with an aluminum base and the original desk mat! Anyway, John got busy and eventually decided he couldn’t commit to making the PCB.

However, as you may know, @Rico decided to take on the task as the first board of his Phoenix line. The Phoenix Project No. 1 PCB.

I built one previously for my gray board, but today I got the newly revised plate and a hotswap version PCB!

11 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :question: :question:

3 Likes

This is to properly ground the PCB and USB shield to the aluminium case, further reducing the risk of ESD (at least I hope :stuck_out_tongue: ).

5 Likes

Are you going to go full retro and pair it with DSA Hydro?

Good old grounding, the old fashioned way, I like this.

One of my favorite keyboard designs, along with the Space65, I wish they would run it another round in the future.

1 Like

Hmmm. I could do GMK or DSA Hydro. I’d love to do DSA Deep Space but I don’t own it. Would be good for these black lotus :slight_smile:

Not that I’m tied to them because it’s Hotswap!

6 Likes

This board in blue is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

How’s this for old SkEwL? GMK Signal.

This board sounds really really good. I don’t know if it’s the new plate or the aluminum bottom or both, but me likey.

12 Likes

Great switch choice. I can see Black Lotus sounding great in a board with a lot of room inside like M65-A.

Thinking about getting one myself as my acoustic taste has been shifting toward more spacious boards.

3 Likes

@Neprawda Apart from preventing Electro Static Discharges (ESD), this ground wire to the metal case also helps with preventing Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI), also known as Radio Frequency Interference (RFI).

1 Like

There’s a big pile of photos here.

Summary

9 Likes