Technically it’s on my digital workbench but I’m modifying the Frog Mini’s plate to add .1mm of opening to the housing cutouts to make them more Deskeys housing-friendly. It’s slow going but it’ll absolutely be worth it to not see the tabs get sheared off all the time.
After assembly on three types of switches. Different variations of the top mount, attachment points, as well as two types of silicone domes. Plus the overall quality and ease of assembly.
I would like to write about my experience.
They use all their same bolts (KBDfans) which are below average quality. And if you often disassemble to assemble, then the thread on the hat breaks. I had a breakdown on d60, and on tiger80.
Wire date usb. He’s too short. By making it 3-4 centimeters (1-2 inches) larger, it would be much easier to assemble or disassemble.
Rubber foot. Convenient for the table. But on the mat, under the weight of the case, they drown. And vibration with hard strong typing, especially if the top mount, goes straight to the table and it buzzes (if the table buzzes).
If you grumble a lot, then you can also say that the hole for the USB on the body is recessed and has a small radius. Large thick round usb cables are not suitable.
Keycap “Shift” right short if, then switch north diode. It turns out the angle of the position of the keycap is different. If the outer appearance is important, then it will catch your eye.
There are many pluses. There are videos about them on the Internet and on the site itself. Yes, there are many reviews.
How I used Vertrel XF: I put the stems and about 10ml of Vertrel XF into a small plastic tub with near air-tight lid. After closing the lid, I spin the tub around for good 5 minutes then let it sit for 2 days to let vapor do the work (it evaporates too fast to apply with brush) albeit slowly before soaking them in warm soapy water with baking soda. Here they are being dried. I doubt all the grease has been removed but at least they don’t feel greasy now.
Tried to fix up my Gateron UHMKnown switches. I’m really not a fan of them at all, but I’m always too lazy to sell things, so I figured I would try to mod them.
Swapped out the springs for some Sprit 60g Extreme 3 slow springs. 205g0 lube on the P3 MM Stems from Wuque.
I like them a lot. Slight bit of wobble, but nothing more than the stock stem. The bottom out is much more prominent, and the sound is very thuddy.
I’ve tried the MM stems in a few different housings now. They don’t do much for Cherry housings. They sound and feel pretty similar to stock stems when you put them in most Gateron housings. The most promising have been JWK housings. They also are a good candidate for my all nylon Tecsee Ice Candy switches, as they help to avoid stick-slip.
Sounded like the mod reduces leaf rattle effectively. But one of the two switches I modded lost a bit of tactility. I tried a thicker paper (playing card) before trying office paper which may have warped the leaf.
I’m going to try modding a few more switches to test the ‘killer thick paper’ theory when I have more time.
UPDATE: I think the paper ‘hat’ could to be narrower. Hard to tell if legs could touch the paper or not.