Whats your typing speed?

My best is 103 wpm on monkeytype, avg 85-90

A god among men (and women, etc).

Getting used to the HHKB JP layout:

7 Likes

Couldn’t sleep, so I improved my 60s time score

6 Likes

Man I love this keyboard, it’s such a joy to type on. My personal best in the 15 second is actually 157 with my FC980C, but I didn’t have an account at the time. My 30, 60, and 120 second speeds have all increased by like 10 wpm since using the HHKB, probably because of the 45g domes. I still make little mistakes because of the JP bottom row, but when it clicks it clicks.

6 Likes

Letsss gooo, I broke into that 120 club (min test). Id like to thank my keyboard and this community. I’ll never forget my roots!

7 Likes

Average is roughly 85-90 wpm.

1 Like

My average is ~37 wpm and climbing. I learned how to touch type about a year ago (starting at ~12wpm lol) after hunt and pecking for several years. I can’t imagine typing upwards of 100! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

My typing speed still isn’t fast enough to catch up with my thoughts unfortunately; 100-120 WPM depending on which keyboard I’m using.

3 Likes

I literally almost failed typing class in school. D-minus! :skull:

A few subsequent months talking to girls and fellow nerds on AOL Instant Messenger had me breaking 100 wpm without even realizing it, though. Ha!

typingspeed

5 Likes

I broke 104 yesterday! I hope to one day get to 150.

3 Likes

I’m not a fast typer by any way but i usually hit 95-105wpm :slight_smile:

Oof. I bumped up the setting to ‘English 10K’ and my score dropped by half for the 60s test :pensive:. Back to square one.

2 Likes

Average typing speed: 30-40
Average professional typing speed: 80-90

I would say you qualify as a fast typist, definitely no wildcat, but 100 is pretty solid!

I myself average around 80, hitting 105 on my best days.

2 Likes

doesn’t matter tbh, there has been research done showing that a lot of people can consistently reach crazy wpm’s with their own self taught ways of typing. Just do you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine is 79.19 WPM. Pretty bad if I could say :confused:

1 Like

True. Fastest and most consistent typist I know personally uses one of those weird 90’s domed ergo things. Physically its junk but its also apparently the right shape and layout for her to hit 160+ on the regular.

1 Like

~80wpm which is OK for writing code, email, and messaging. Verified using MonkeyType:

3 Likes

Been learning to use my right pinkie finger more, especially for op/po and pl bigrams. Does anyone else use typing as a sort of meditation exercise? I think it’s pretty effective since it potentially gives you access to the ‘flow’ state, is kind of mindful given you pay attention to how your hands move, and provides the relaxing ASMR of my keyboard’s clacking…

5 Likes

Capture

Average for me is around 135 … though in most real world work scenarios I am definitely not programming that fast.

2 Likes