Which set of caps are you cancelling first?

I believe it is, it’s not my keeb but a fellow swede.

Sorrz for leading off topic but. Do I spy logitech speakers? Z21? To original ones from the mid 2000s? Not the newer white from 2011 with the crappy sound? I love those. I still have one 2.1 set at my parents house. :smiley:
God, I’d never though about getting nostalgic about cheap ass, mass produced, chinese plastic stuff from 17 years ago.

As I said, not mine. But it shure looks like Logitech.

1 Like

XDA is indeed horrible, on every single keyboard.

DSA is only comfortable on ergo keyboards with curved columns (or Dactyl-styled).

SA R3 is just taller DSA. Uniform profile and massively uncomfortable, on any keyboard.

2 Likes

The relationship between how I feel about DSA and XDA is interesting.

DSA is like the “actual 80s” in terms of looking back at it. It’s like enjoying Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, U2, AC/DC, QUEEN, KISS, Whitesnake, etc etc etc.

XDA looks at DSA with jealousy and to me feels like all of these shows that keep trying to “call back to the 80s” with the “REMEMBER THIIIISSSSSS?”. It’s like it’s trying too hard to remind us of things we can still enjoy.

I know this is a weird way to feel about keycaps lol.

I don’t think I’ve seen an XDA set and thought, “yeah, XDA was a better choice than DSA”

Edit: Yes I know they are different profiles with slightly different keycap feels, but they’re in the same territory for me.

5 Likes

I dont find either comfortable but i really do like XDA Canvas.

That’s the only XDA or DSA set i like.

That said, for me its the opposite - i prefer the look/profile of XDA over DSA (DSA’s taper is too much for me, looks too ‘pointy’).

Kind of like MT3 and SA - i prefer the look (and feel) of MT3 over SA. MT3 probably looks more modern, kind of like XDA vs DSA. I love vintage looking keebs but i guess maybe not super duper vintage haha.

3 Likes

Never thought about it this way, but now that you say it I think this might be one of the reasons I so dislike XDA too. Im not a fan of DSA, but would take it all day over XDA LOL!

2 Likes

This perfectly frames and captures the feeling. What an awesome metaphoric description.

2 Likes

All the others are still pretty relevant, but damn. Whitesnake. Haven’t heard of them for a long, long time.

This also has to be one of the best descriptions for keycap profiles ever.

2 Likes

I don’t know what it says about me that my two favorite profiles are XDA and MT3…