Wife about to go into labor - Freaking out

Have you ever had really really bad caffeine jitters? That’s nothing compared to this.

I’m not afraid to be a dad or anything. I’m actually super excited. We are well prepared but still. It’s pretty surreal.

Anyway, her (gross female stuff) -> mucus plug just came out which apparently means she could go into labor any minute or in the next two weeks.

Thanks nature… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :unamused:

Now I’m running around like a maniac making sure our to do lists are taken care of and also lurking outside her home office like she’s a time bomb about to go off.

Anyway, pray for us and wish us luck!

40 Likes

I wish you the best of luck on being a dad. I really dont know what else to say. I keep typing sentences and deleting them.

7 Likes

Best of luck and congratulations! Kids are amazing. Hopefully the wait won’t be too long.

3 Likes

Good luck to you and your wife! It’s hard to write advice to people about this, but rest assured, you will find your own way as a parent.

4 Likes

Stay safe and good luck pops! Sending the wife and kid strong vibes :muscle:t4:

3 Likes

You got this. Be there, and be positive. Oh, and give her a really nice meal right now, because at a certain point she won’t be able to eat, and she’ll be really hungry eventually :joy: I still remember making my wife a really big breakfast the day before our son was born.

9 Likes

Best wishes to you both!

3 Likes

Awesome! Good luck! I still remember vividly when my wife’s water broke almost 12 years ago.

3 Likes

Congrats buddy!

5 Likes

Best of luck & congrats man!

2 Likes

Before my son came I was still a performing classical musician and teaching at a University… and didn’t even know what a mechanical keyboard was.

After many years of being a stay at home dad, I haven’t touched my clarinet in over a decade and there’s this whole mechanical keyboard thing. Weird how life changes so quickly.

I feel like I’ve lived at least 3 different lives up to this point.

Also, the diaper thing is probably the easiest part about being a parent. So don’t be worried about that part.

10 Likes

Wow, amazing. Sending the best of luck and prayers to you and the family!

2 Likes

Good luck and you will be ok!

I just hope you’ve slept a lot in your life so far. Just saying :smiley:

3 Likes

Yo, for real. @ddrfraser1 if you need to talk to people about how crazy your life feels, we’re here. We might very well understand where you’re coming from.

5 Likes

It actually says a lot about this community that I’m sharing this here and not on FB or anywhere else. You guys and gals are my bros.

11 Likes

This is excellent advice that no one talks about. If labor has to be induced a woman could be in the hospital for 1-3 days on a mostly restricted or liquid diet and no one warned us about it.

3 Likes

Yup. I told her once she goes into labor I’d feed her a high carb meal like one she would eat before a marathon.

3 Likes

Congrats, and good luck! Our second child is due in a few weeks and my SO is quite fed up with being this big, but we are looking forward to meeting our baby.

And please, please, be a father. Including handling diapers, cleaning, making dinner, taking your part in your childs life. It’s so easy not to do so.

11 Likes

Good Luck guys!

2 Likes

Congrats and good luck to all three of you!

2 Likes