Wife about to go into labor - Freaking out

Congrats! And thanks!

2 Likes

congrats, make sure to take some keyboards to the hospital to have an accurate scale to measure the baby against (probably don’t do that)

7 Likes

Hey man. Congrats.
As an advice. Some meal prepping for the next week will help a lot on managing time.

2 Likes

Congrats buddy, I’m almost 10 months into daddyhood so feel free to drop me a DM if you wanna chat about anything.

Things to mention :

• Be supportive & don’t complain (to her, use peers or us) as she’s gonna take the big hit in lifestyle/sleep/body/energy/free time/handling fears.
  • Do your best and accept you’re going to be told it’s not enough.
  • Use all the external help possible and accepted (grandparents/parents/aunts/nanny/etc.)
  • It’s gonna change your perspective about life, so don’t freak out, take it day by day and let it sink in.
  • Enjoy the emotional rollercoaster !
12 Likes

Congrats man!
You’ll see, it is great to ne parent.
And time fly like never before :smiley:

A good advice, you and your wife have to sleep as much as possible before it happen :wink:

3 Likes

Congratulations! You got this. Try to be there for your wife. Find some time for yourself too. Better to go above and beyond for your partner than looking back and realizing you could have done more :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s awesome congrats you got this! It’s an amazing journey.

I been through the panic/anticipation part, it is tough. I can say the “baby stuff” diapers, holding feeding etc, is something you pick up quick.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Congrats! Having just gone through it I can tell you it’s a wild ride. Make sure to absorb as much of it as you can!

I’ll keep a special lookout for all your “what did you get in the mail today” posts for the next few weeks

3 Likes

I’ll take that as permission :grin:

3 Likes

Congrats man! You totally got this!!!

1 Like

congrats, hope everything goes well, very scary but exciting times. Our little girl is approaching her first birthday - no matter how much prep you do, the rollercoaster goes where the track decides, enjoy the ride! :smiley:

2 Likes

Aw man! Congrats and I hope everything goes well for you and your wife.

3 Likes

I got 2 kids (a 5 year old and a 1 year old) and my wife is due in 2 weeks as well with our third. Feel free to ask me any questions about anything.

2 Likes

Waiting for the full review. Considering building one myself this year.

13 Likes

9 month group buy? jk :hugs:

also to be filed in Things You Can Say About Your Keyboard But Not Your Partner

8 Likes

Three kids. A 10 year old girl and twin (yes, TWIN) 4 year olds (1 of each).

Feel free to ask for advice, suggestions. I might answer them… if I’m not too tired.

5 Likes

You got this. And congrats! Hope she and the little one are doing well.

1 Like

Kids are dope. Here’s my 1 year old opening Christmas presents:

8 Likes

He didn’t receive a keyboard. He’s disappointed. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Poor dude! I still don’t know what he is cranky about, but I am glad he got a hug :joy:

1 Like