Abs mt3

The × =MT3

1 Like

Both abs right? The mt3 looks like it has a nice texture. Is that true or just the light?

Both ABS, yes - and I do think the texture is nice.

The original plan was for ABS MT3 to have smooth / shiny tops and apparently the texture resulted from some kind of miscommunication with the manufacturer.

I’m actually really glad that happened; I find the texture more comfortable and conducive to quick typing than the smooth-but-grippy surface of SA. For better or worse, my thumb tends to slide across the space bar when depressing it, which really does not work for me on ABS SA.

2 Likes

This is so tempting… I love my Godspeed set, but I don’t want Dorp to have my money. Gah!

1 Like

I received my sets and am conducting some very limited testing with the WoB.

I can confirm that the surface texture of the scoops is not simply shiny + flat. It’s whorled, almost like fingerprints. There is some very light granularity that may aid in finger grip, it’s not as slippery as Filco SA.

Honestly, though, it’s only slightly more grippy than well-worn DCS.

The keycaps are very thicc and produce sound on par with the thickest WYSE DCS.

I am not so sure about the typing angle on a Filco Majestouch. It seems as if they keycap top surfaces are angled more for a keyboard at a shallower angle, which would make them more level. [They point downwards on my Majestouch, which is in a keyboard tray.]

1 Like

I’m tempted to buy a set because I haven’t tried any MT3 ABS yet, just my two MT3 PBT sets :thinking:

6 Likes

Would you say that you can use the black mods together with Serika alphas or do the difference in material stand out too much?

I think they would stand out from my experience mixing cherry profile pbt & abs.

I sometimes mix DCS and Cherry-profile, but only modifiers and spacebars. Plus they’re both ABS double-shot. It works fine, but they are similar to begin with.

The rumored Olivetti-styled MT3 ABS colourway is now available, as well as Jukebox:

2 Likes

The big fish has splashed into the pond:

6 Likes

You just love to see it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m fighting with myself whether or not to get this. I love my susuwatari but I literally just told myself I was done buying keyboard stuff for a little bit.

2 Likes

woop woop.

now, bring on the Retro set

4 Likes

I’d be all over some beige-on-brown; I think this is an ideal profile for a Commodore 64 themed build.

1 Like

So close, I can relax though as I prefer Dancer colorway much much more :slight_smile:

They’re really crankin these out!

1 Like

And for $88 on the base kit with the coupon code through the 3rd. Tempting. If I still didn’t have to pick up JTK Griseann / Royal Alpha, Yuri R2, and possibly Serika R2, this would be an insta-buy I think.

1 Like

I feel like maybe another MT3 thread should be created; or this thread should be renamed :thinking:

2 Likes

On Drop, MT3 Susuwatari is $10 cheaper than amazon (prime), but doesn’t ship till late January at the earliest. Amazon is more expensive by 10, but it’ll ship this week :thinking:

2 Likes

Just ordered Susuwatari from Amazon last night. This will be my first ABS set in a long time, so I’m excited for them to come in.

1 Like