Dream builds?

Hey guys! I am pretty new to the scene and currently enjoying my first kb (Tofu65% silver + Kailh creams + ePBT gray). I’m waiting on adding one to my collection using a black grand piano as my theme:

Sneakbox AVA black/gold accents + everglide aqua + GMK Maestro.

Please share your dream build with a theme in mind!

9 Likes

Welcome doomed mortal.

I’ve got a few. Only pictures can describe.

These last three harvest alps mount caps from some old Toshiba laptops I’ve collected. They’ve got great thick double shot caps.

8 Likes

I think your ISO Enter is a spy

4 Likes

LOL! Yup, KLE-render really didn’t know what to do with my compact ISO Enter

4 Likes

Honestly, probably some kind of ergo layout Topre board. I don’t know what in specific yet. I have the katana60 build parts coming this week or next week, so I will know then whether or not I like that layout, or if I would want to go with something else. Either way, I really dislike the default row stagger.

3 Likes

This, but as long as it’s better than the utron layout

utron aka microtron aka μTRON - Ergo Topre Layout

6 Likes

That looks really fucking bad holy shit

1 Like

Now imagine having to type with your thumbs curled in under your palms so you can hit space/backspace

1 Like

I would love to see a Tex release a keyboard similar to the Shinobi, with a metal case, and cherry double shot PBT keycpas, that mirror the old x200 or X220 keyboards that include the standard legends and the sub legends. Specifically I want the number pad legends on the alpha keys, but the medial control sub legends on the arrow keys would also be nice.

x200:

X220:

10 Likes

Wait, i thought everyone had a secret 6th finger under each palm :smiley:

1 Like

At least, the keyset exist !

1 Like

I know @CosmicKira was really keen on those numpad sub-legends. Perhaps that’s how we should do it next time around…

2 Likes

You would have gotten at least 2 orders out of me, had those been an option. :wink:

1 Like

Dream Build, huh?

I’d probably go with an Esrille Nisse with Box Whites mounted on an acrylic plate, and swapped slow springs from SPRiT. Technically, that’s already all possible, so I guess for it to be a Dream build, I’d like for it to have a trackpoint as well.

Too bad it’s already an expensive board, combined with the $130 shipping and customs fee.

1 Like

I dream of the day when custom Topre PCBs are a thing. I would really like a Topre board in allice layout!

8 Likes

I’m jumping on the “Topre but weird” boat with my dream being a split 38 key column stagger variable weight Topre board.

4 Likes

I was actually thinking that GMK ThinkCaps keyset could be replicated with GMK WoB from DROP with some accents from Uniqey (bought 2 actually…)

If these are any indication, we are slowly but surely getting there. Sorry for the necrobump.

1 Like

This MSX but with an arisu + F-Row layout

best looking plastic computer there ever was.

4 Likes

Best I can offer is the HB-85. Would thoroughly enjoy the arisu layout, though might need to refactor the angle on the case a bit.

5 Likes