[GB] the Norbaforce Data Pad: housing for Topre 23U numpads

In case anyone’s still looking for a 23u, I bought a white one on Buyee yesterday retail (& new) for $108 (inclusive of Buyee fees).

1 Like

Polycarb data pad :flushed:

Hi @norbauer , any update to the timeline for this? Still on track for summer, i.e. Sep?

Yes; they’re currently at the powder coating workshop and have been for a few weeks. While that vendor has been running very slowly of late, I had a rather firm-handed conversation with them recently, and they promised to get these turned around much faster. In any case, we’ll keep after them.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve had a Real Force 23U on order since January and just found out my order was cancelled. Anyone know where to reliably source these while not paying over $400? Sheesh

You can check with proxy services for Japanese markets (i.e. FromJapan.co.jp). Through them you can find them. That’s where I got mine, but I still paid more than what MechanicalKeyboards.com listed them for retail.

2 Likes

Might have one for sale soon.

Nice. Hi PM me if you decide to sell it

It’s almost September. Just about time to wake up Billy Joe Armstrong. Hopefully we’ll have good news to bring him about his ten key!

@norbauer Any chance there will be Veracity Steel extra?

wake me up when September ends :joy:

Patiently waiting for fulfillment and hoping for some extras to be available :pray:

Hi all.

Unfortunately, the shop up in Silicon Valley that was doing the powder coating on this project hard-core flaked out and recently simply refused to do the job after sitting idly on it for months. (I’ve been using this vendor for years, but as is often the case with finishing vendors I retain, they eventually got fed up with holding my quality standards and the volume of rejects and reworks we kept sending back due to small cosmetically non-uniform areas.)

The data pads are on their way to an alternate workshop right now, but it means another 4-6 weeks of production time and an additional 1-2 for us to QC and ship. Thanks your patience in the meantime. I regret the delay, but this (otherwise long-time reliable) vendor simply fucked us, and I was completely blind-sighted by it.

11 Likes

How’s this coming? Any new update?

They all finally came back from the new powder shop (only just before Christmas) but have now been inspected and are awaiting final assembly and shipment over the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

Hi @norbauer Any chance that there is still one in-stock?

Yup! I’ve learned to over-order to account for rejects. We’re focused on building and shipping these right now but I’ll put up some a-stocks and seconds of the num pads in the Norbazaar sale in the next few days.

3 Likes

These are up now in the Norbazaar, including both A-stocks, factory seconds, and a few one-off bespoke items that weren’t in the original offering (such as frosted polycarbonte and one silver anodized). They won’t ship for a couple of weeks, however. We want to get all pending orders out first.

3 Likes

Excellent! I managed to cop one of the PC Data Pads, so now my holy trinity of excel data entry devices is complete.

1 Like

Just got a shipping notification, woot woot!