• Predominantly Left Shift
  • Both Left and Right Shift
  • Predominantly Right Shift
  • Only Right Shift
  • Caps Lock
  • Other (Please specify in comments.)

0 voters

2 Likes

Split right shift? More like “no right shift”.

3 Likes

People should use both Shifts, pressing the one on the opposite hand of the letter being pressed. That’s the “proper” (and faster) way to do that, and I’m someone whose national layout uses smaller Shift keys on both sides!

10 Likes

I generally take pride in my typing technique but I am guilty of using only left shift. Ever.

5 Likes

Right shift hurts my pinky and is too big. #AbolishRightShift

3 Likes

I concur.

I use left shift more, when I have it assigned to the caps lock key, as it’s an unpleasant stretch, for my left pinky in it’s standard location… though the coworkers complain, if I have them use my keyboard… Most of them use the caps lock key, instead of the shift keys… FWIF, most of my coworkers are late 40’s to early 60’s

Tell you what, I’ll press your right shift and you can press my left shift. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No shifts were harmed n the production of this comment. :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Try using an ABNT2 (Brazilian layout) keyboard, our right Shift is 1.75u by default. :wink:

1 Like

To be honest: I use both, but I absolutely don’t need right shift to be so big and I frankly don’t understand it

Until recently I absolutely never used left shift. It’s a bit more balanced now but I still tend to favor right shift.

1 Like

I just noticed that I only ever use the right shift for one key: to get the “?”. I have very poor technique

2 Likes

My Right pinky cannot reach shift unless I leave the home row.
My left pinky can reach shift while I’m on the home row.

Left shift wins.

3 Likes

this huey gets it

usually the right pinky can’t reach Right Shift (without leaving home row) so I use Left Shift predominantly.

though with the “power” of split-spacebar, I put the Right Shift where my right thumb can reach so, lately, I use the Right Shift more than before.

3 Likes

I never shift, i capslock :smile:

2 Likes

…

2 Likes

Ya know, I tried that but I just couldn’t get used to leftspacd, my right hand feels sad because left is working so much harder and when I’m using rightspace I end up typing much faster because I fall into a rhythm.

All of my layout designs remove right shift, I can’t help it!:rofl: at least you can make enter double as a rightshift.

right shift gang rise up :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Was a joke, i never user the Capslock :smiley:

2 Likes