[IC] GMK Bentō

GMK Bentō, inspired by the Japanese culture, and the iconic/typical home-packed meal called ‘Bento (弁当)’.
I thought that this ‘object’ would be interesting to work with since it has a relatively simple and geometrical design. That’s also the spirit I wanted to have with the novelties, something clean and easily understandable but also stylized.

I wished to make something like that for a long time but I also wanted to keep it simple, that’s why I will only offer a base kit which offers some novelties and spacebars kit!
However, I might consider a Kobe kit :wink:

I discussed a bit with Rama and we’ll also offer one (or 2) anodised aluminium keycap(s): renders coming soon™.
I will also try to offer a deskmat with the banner design.

Feel free to let me know what do you think in the comments :slight_smile:

Thanks to @Oblotzky and @janglad for the renders <3

Renders

U80-A by Rama Works

M60-A by Rama Works

Kits

Initial Mockup

Rama Keycap (WIP)

Salmon red anodized aluminium with white enamel fill.

Group Buy info

When?

• Q1 2019, TBD.

Where?

• EU: Candykeys
  • US: Novelkeys
  • Asia: zFrontier
  • Australia: Daily Clack

A very nice and creative theme. Definitely interested. Any other novelties planned?

I like the colors and the novelties! What was your process for choosing the colors?

Well, I’ll try to get a quote from GMK soon™ in order to see if I can add more.
I could also make an additional novelty kit, it’ll depend a lot on the interest!

Well, I can’t really explain it to be honest, I take inspiration everywhere and try to find good combos, it’s more experimentation than anything else, it’s not maths IMO ahah :smiley:

I’m in and that’s all there is too it.

Great looking set. Pleasing colorway that’s unique and not too far over the top. You can count me in!

I really like this, but having a 40% kit would be very nice, even if they were just blanks!

Interesting colour combination. Would probably jump in on this

Small update: Reddit thread and Google poll added

Any interest for a Hiragana only (aka Kobe) kit?

• Yea!
  • Nah.

0 voters

Any chance we’d see just regular alphas?

I don’t know. Hiraganas really suits the aesthetic I wanted to give IMO. Could still add an Alphas kit but then it’ll have to get a lot of interest…

No and I totally get that. I just really don’t like hiragana. I realize I’m in the minority though. Either way, solid looking IC!

Yea, I get it don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks buddy!

Definitely in on this one.

You’ve made another great looking set! I love it.

What about icon mods? Not sure how it would look. Just throwing it out there as a possibility to consider.

You mean, instead of Cherry (+ legend) ones?

Yes, instead of the regular cherry text mods. Maybe you already did a mock up/render of the set with icon mods and decided against it? Was just wondering how it would look.

Preference for icon+text mods.

I thought it would fit the aesthetic of the dual legended alphas, but I can mockup it if you want :slight_smile: