[IC] GMK Bentō

oof this looks tasty

1 Like

Estimated pricing for the first MOQ (250 units):

• base 145€ / $160
  • space 23€ / $28
  • kobe 70€ / $75
5 Likes

Instant cop for me. Do you have an idea on how much the RAMA caps are going to be?

Apparently, 42-45€. I need to ask for the $ price, but I suppose it’s gonna be something like $50.

Also, there will be one anodized aluminum with white enamel fill keycap, and a gold brass one.

1 Like

Hey guys, quick update!

During the GB we will offer, as I promised, Bentō related stuff:

Nano Bentō (work in progress, that’s just a mockup)
keebwerk will offer a Nano Bentō with unique colors and exclusive novelties (which has to be decided) :slight_smile:

Rama Keycaps
Rama will offer 2 keycaps as I said above, with Ō design…

Deskmat(s)
incoming

Base kit trail design
incoming

Sleeves
I’m actually checking if I could also offer custom sleeves… It’ll have the same design as the deskmats()

2 Likes

This is my first time learning about the Nano.
I really dig the Nano Bento. I don’t normally like GMK but I think I would be down purely for that Nano custom.
Really digging the whole aesthetic.

1 Like

I didn’t know the nano existed before you posted this. But now…I see a world exists where we can match the slider knob to our keycaps…I’m honestly a little turned on right now.

2 Likes

hey fellows!

with the GB coming on end January, I had to hurry up if I wanted to get some deskmats to offer during the same period of time, since I’ll need to get samples to ensure that colour and design are accurate!

I’ll probably offer 2 different deskmats (900x400mm).
So here are the different versions:

Pattern only

Pattern with bentōs line

Pattern with big bentō

Blank with bentōs line

Blank with big bentō

Also, here’s a closeup of the pattern version, in order to see the details (present in all three versions):

Feel free to vote :slight_smile: (sorry for the awful naming)
Thanks!

• Pattern only
  • Pattern with bentōs line
  • Pattern with big bentō
  • Blank with bentōs line
  • Blank with big bentō

0 voters

Usually I would never consider a Hirigana based kit but @biip has made a really compelling colour plus the novelty variety as far as the offered keys is on point.

Even the desk mat is all in. I would end up going the Kobe kit just because I like minimalism on alphas.

Especially with the deskmat it’s getting hard to say no to this.

I think this set would look pretty sick on an M60-A in Dusk (mauve) and maybe even Lake (navy blue).

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, it affects me :slight_smile:

To be honest, I’m really hesitating to offer the Kobe kit.
The thing is: Let’s suppose you place the base kit in your cart, then the Kobe kit. After that you see that the price is around $235 (on first MOQ), you would just be like “meh I wanted this set with Kobe” and just abandon. So, that’s definitively a tough decision to make.

I need to ensure that >150 people will get the Kobe kit :confused:
Even if 140 said that they will be interested (according to my Google Poll), it would be a pity to lose some potential customers like that.

On the other side, the Kobe kit fits the aesthetic pretty well, not gonna lie!

1 Like

If you can’t run Kobe then you can’t run it that’s fine, you should try and get the price down as your primary goal.

I would probably still end up getting it anyway lol.

1 Like

Ahah, yea :smiley: Thanks for supporting it!
I just wanted to be fair regarding the situation.

Since there was interest in salmon versions:

2 Likes

Looks a bit more like fish scales now even though this pattern is supposed to resemble the sea. I think the regular color pattern only but with the salmon logo in the bottom right would be the best

2 Likes

Oh damn, blank salmon is straight :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I quite like the scale look!

1 Like

It’s even better if it ressembles to both!

1 Like

My dude ! Created an account just to say I love your Design !

I am in for one of everything : keycaps, rama artisans, nano bento and deskmat (salmon/patterns whithout bento).

I hope you will sell a shit ton because it’s one of the very few keysets which try something original !!!

Just need to find the perfect keyboard to match this now !

3 Likes

Wow man, I don’t have words :3

It really touches me! I’m not gonna lie, it’s obvious that a such comment is so appreciable, since it’s so kind. I have put a lot of effort to find an interesting and original theme which can have some potential colorscheme, and I’m really happy with the result right now. Thank you very much, I sincerely appreciate this heavy support, that’s adorable.

I’m kinda surprised to see how popular and how much people are approving this set. I almost regret to not have made a few more (and less massive) kits, but as I said, I wanted to keep it simple, and I already have other plans and other keysets for the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You can be !

I’m not surprised :grinning: I just hope everyone follows when the GB is live.

It’s perfect as it is I think (I personnaly would like to have a blue spacebar as well in 6.25u and 7u in the spacebar set but if I’m the only one, don’t even bother).

I look forward to them !

In any cases, I whish you the best with this GB. Awesome work.

3 Likes