[IC] the Heavy Grail: a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

I prefer dielectric for metal on plastic just because it’s so sticky and thick. I haven’t found a krytox that sticky, although I’m sure it exists. But like he said, it’s so cheap and works so well. Might as well stick with it. Get it? STICK with it? Sticky grease? HA

4 Likes

I wouldn’t use 205g0 for metal-on-plastic either. I use 205g2 as I found it easiest to apply. I used to use super lube g2 but found it would occassionally gunk up the stabilizer sliders.

2 Likes

My body is ready: 55g Lubed/Silenced HHKB with Novatouched spacebar

12 Likes

Ready since the Dawn of HHKB. Bring it on Mr@norbauer.

2 Likes

This started out as a potential end of summer treat after dealing with the horridness known as 2020, is now much closer to being a thanksgiving/birthday/christmas present for myself :smiley:

10 Likes

The deskeys sliders are still a ways off and the keycaps I bought with this in mind don’t ship until March so I don’t mind the wait. I’m just happy people are hard at work developing my dream keyboard.

3 Likes

What are “ironed” hyperspheres? Just silencing rings that have been ironed with a plain ol’ clothing iron? If so, what does the ironing change and how?

2 Likes

Yep. Makes them even thinner to avoid travel reduction as much as possible. Feels like stock but sounds less clacky.

Im trying the #2 deskeys rings on my next board. But so far I prefer the hyperspheres to the deskeys #3

3 Likes

Do you know if they are thinner than stock type-s hhkb silencing rings? Or perhaps they offer a different advantage over those in a type-S?

1 Like

Yeah, they’re thinner. Stock silencing rings seem to be about as thick as Deskeys #5 or #4. Hyperspheres and Silence-X rings both turn that clack into a more muted thud. Assuming it’s because of the material difference and higher elasticity. Theyre more silent and offer more key travel than stock

2 Likes

Very excited for this release. I’m new to Norbauer but this looks as close to a true endgame as I’m going to get!

Just read through the whole thread and made a HHKB purchase in anticipation. Is there any indication as to how long the GB will run for?

4 Likes

I have been following this thread from the beginning and is the reason that I joined Keebtalk, I was a little scared about the cost, but yesterday I bought a HHKB, very happy to see the hard work in this project.

5 Likes

With your Deskeys #3, did you find that it was clacky on R4 (the row with the Shifts)? I prefer the thocky sound and feel of them on all other rows over my Type-S, but R4 is weirdly high-pitch clacky.

No, I don’t have that happening on the shift row. Are you using stock topre caps or is it modded? Not sure what would cause that.

1 Like

Thanks. Worth opening it up to find out I guess. Maybe I have them on right side wrong just for this row or something…

(And yes, stock caps)

1 Like

Patiently waiting. Thought about it today on a walk.

7 Likes

:rotating_light: Updated sample arrived and all my requested improvements were incorporated. :rotating_light:

Group buy now imminent. :partying_face: I just need a few days to write everything up into a product page, edit some photos, etc.

32 Likes

I can’t believe this is finally happening. :astonished:

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

okay. I gonna increase the frequency of checking keebtalk from every few hours to every hour.

3 Likes