[IC] the Norbaforce Mark II

@norbauer I really wish you would consider a case for the Leopold FC980C!!!

1 Like

Will the dimensions of mark II be identical to mark I?

I would love a matching 23u case but know that’s probably a pipe dream. Probably a very little demand in an already niche market.

2 Likes

I definitely agree with a Norbauer case for the FC980C!

2 Likes

I think the original Norbaforce is perfect, big forehead and rounded corners included. The new R2 stock case doesn’t do it for me.

I also like the big smooth unornamented metal surfaces of Norbaforce v1. I’d prefer to not have any logos or markings interrupt the case, or maybe they could be out of sight (on the bottom plate?). Love the Norbauer designs, can’t wait to see how this turns out.

2 Likes
  • 1 for FC980c.

Also, keep up with the good work :slight_smile: I’m also interested in grabbing a mark II

Another nod to the fc980c :sunglasses:

1 Like

@norbauer, did you manage to verify that the R2 RGB TKL w/ Cherry MX sliders is compatible with the Mark II?

Oh, yes. Sorry for not reporting that earlier. Both the RGB and the PFU Realforce R2s have been verified to be compatible.

5 Likes

@norbauer is Mark II comparable with 91 UDK-G? Which is JIS layout.
Attached pics of its internal.

I know it is compatible with the JIS 89U. This is the first time I’m encountering the 91 UDK-G, but from the photos the plate looks identical to all the other keyboards in this family, so I’m pretty confident it would be compatible with my housing.

Hi Ryan, thanks for answering on the PVD thread! One more question for here though, is the plan still to have a forehead for the mk2? :slight_smile:

Absolutely. :slight_smile: Having the forehead on the Mark II housing restores that weird characteristic vintage look to the more fully-featured R2 keyboards and is, of course, the only way to continue supporting the 87U family.

2 Likes

That’s great news. Can’t wait for the GB!!

One more question, is there any chance the daughter board would provide programmability? i.e. usb2usb in the shape of the daughter board?

I figure it’s best to leave stuff like that to third-party hardware or software add-ons for people who need it. Personally, for key remapping I just use OS/software-level tools.

New to the forum here- joined to keep up with the news on the Norbaforce MKii. Looking forward to the group buy!

In the meantime, anyone have suggestions on where I should buy the compatible keyboards? Would like to secure mine ASAP…

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

The best sources for compatible keyboards can depend on where you’re located.
If you’re looking for any of the R2 realforces, you can check out the official site for them which lists buying options as either amazon or the Fujitsu store.

hhkeyboards

Otherwise if you’re looking for the old R1 realforces, your best bet these days might be ebay although there looks to be a small stock on amazon.

1 Like