[IC] the Norbaforce Mark II

One thing I wonder about is the quality of silencing if I go down the RBG TKL route. From the research I’ve done it seems like KBDFans Silence-Xs or KeyClack V2s will never be as good as the purple stem sliders. Decisions, Decisions.

I have big hands and chunky fingers, I can’t really tell much of a difference between my older PFU and the RGB :wink:

Really!? Just in terms of tactility or is there no audible difference either?

The tactility of the RGB is ever slightly less, given the weighting is at 45gr +/-15gr, on the non RGB it is 55gr. Unless I do a direct side by side comparison, I can’t really tell much of a difference. Personally, for me the convenience of being able to swap effortlessly any cherry-mx style keycap supersedes that extra tactility difference. Sound wise they sound very similar. The best sounding for me is the Leopold 600C with the heavy6, but then again, I missed out on both Norbaforce and Norbatouch, so I can only make a comparison with what I have available.

Upon further research I realized BKE Light Domes aren’t compatible with the RealForce RGB, which means I’ll be going for the PFU.

Thanks for the help everybody! Can’t wait for this GB to begin!

Can’t wait for this :slight_smile: I just bought a Realforce RGB TKL in anticipation for this. I also bought the Deskeys RGB compatible silencing rings! Definitely in for this one. Thoroughly pleased with how heavy-6 went <3

Thanks! I’m still hoping to be able to launch the group buy in the coming few weeks. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Perfect timing; I’ll be done with alimony by then! LOL!

I’m checking this post everyday, just to make sure I’m not missing this… :slight_smile:

The pre-production samples are out for delivery today! Getting very close. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hoping for some beauty shots of the prototypes, can’t wait for this GB to begin.

Currently breaking in my Realforce RGB TKL to try and get it ready for this <3

I’m happy to report that the final pre-production samples arrived today and they look fantastic. It has been a long and complicated quest to re-orient my supply chain to the USA in my never-ending quest for the most obsessive finish quality, but I’m so glad I persisted, and I think you guys will be too. I’ve never gotten better anodizing and powder coating results ever.

Now I begin the task of photographing, writing up the group buy page, and figuring out the final logistics, which usually takes about a week or so. So we’re not far off. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

so hyped - any one know the tax cost for UK shipping?

woohoo. Looking forward to photos.

I’m actually currently holding off on the group buy for another week or so while I set up a new service that will allow group buy participants to pre-pay their customs duties and fees as part of the checkout process. This obviates international proxies while still allowing me to handle support directly.

I’m hoping to have the GB launched at some point next week and will post product pics here in the meantime as I’m able. :slight_smile: I spent the past two days doing photos and am editing them today.

8 Likes

I’m refreshing this thread everyday. So excited for this project!

So are people going to be using R1 or R2 Realforce boards for their Mark IIs? I’m thinking of picking up a RF RGB TKL :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve been using a Mark II with an RGB Realforce all week and I quite like it. The feeling isn’t quite as nice the native RealForce with the native caps, but the aesthetic keyset options are much better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I picked up a silenced R2 for mine. Hoping to put DES-Sliders in it eventually, but for the time being a properly silenced board was more important to me than MX Keycaps. (Also 55g topre > 45g topre)

1 Like