Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

His Instagram is poor in information. It must be looked at bilibili. He makes more videos than photos.

2 Likes

Novelkeys is essentially having a 20% off anything sale. $100 gift card for $80

2 Likes

Can I purchase an $80 gift card and purchase the $100 gift card with it again? :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

INFINITE MONEY GLITCH UNLOCKED!!!! [ GONE SEXUAL, POLICE CALLED ]

5 Likes

First time in a long time I’ve seen an SA set reach group buy. Looks like SA Oblivion ASCII, with the K sublegend fixed.

Haven’t seen this announced anywhere, just spotted it on NK when I looked at their gift card flash sale. Too bad the kitting is very limited. It’s just a barebones monokit.

2 Likes

I didn’t really have any plans to join another GMK GB but this one (sorta) fulfills one of my favorite unmade sets: 7-Bit’s R7 VoC/CoV Cadet option.

Glad GMK is getting their money’s worth on their Cadet molds.

Anyone know if the purple in this set matches the purple in this one?

edit: Found an answer on Oblotzsky’s discord (I hate joining every damn designer’s Discord):

3 Likes

Heard this guy is looking for an engineer who can build things without exhaust ports:

4 Likes

Damn. Those GSA Retro High-Light sets are almost gone. I just purchased one too. Down to 5 on the KBDfans site, and 4 on their Aliexpress page.

I also joined the Discord server that was in the Han’s Type-Gnirps board. Sadly it looks like those keyboards won’t get an international release. I was actually really interested in the Arisu layout one. It looks great with the keycaps.

The back of the case looks awesome too.

More pics:

From the Discord:

Hey everyone, I’m really sorry to have to say this, but the Han’s 80, Han’s pad, Han’s gnirps, and Han’s watch will not have an international release. The complex and hand-printed process makes it too hard to maintain the same quality.
However, if you are still interested in getting these products, they may be available through the second-hand market. You can check out goofish.com(Xianyu 闲鱼), a Chinese second-hand market where you might be able to find them.
You can also find the matching keycap there by searching (无铭 han)
At this point, it should have about 250 han’80, 50 han’s grips &pads ever been made.

4 Likes

I don’t hate it :thinking:

1 Like

Big sad.

Although my budget breathes a sigh of relief.

Wow! That keyboard looks awesome. What a bummer it won’t come out here.

1 Like

I’d be curious about the comparison as well. Was thinking to be in market for PN extras.

That is exactly what I hated about 80’s tech designs. Those ribs are excellent dust catchers!

You will need an old toothbrush to clean everything.

1 Like

I compared the purples and PN seems more vivid. I first thought it’d be cool to pick a purple Cadet, but looks like I will be picking only the red base.

1 Like

In stock:

7 Likes

Pretty interesting and well presented discussion on what happened with Mechs&Co and where things are at in the hobby.

12 Likes

SwitchOddities started selling Spring Testers

5 Likes

That is interesting. One of those obvious-in-hindsight kind of offerings.

I’m glad to see this but I feel like it’s difficult to trust that some of the folks covering keyboards have our backs when they’re partnering with vendors either as keyboard/keycap/switch/deskmat designers or just sponsorships.

3 Likes

If you missed out on SA 8010 extras when Mechs & Co imploded, ThocKeys has most of the sets in stock suddenly (minus ISO, 40s/ortho, and macro keys): SA 8010 Extras

1 Like