Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

This is cool. Blog post talks about low profile of Molex Pico EZMate making it possible.

7 Likes

Also nice that they made a square daughterboard that is compatible with most older cases (and it comes with a EZMate to JST cable for those builds as well)

I only own 1 board where clearance of the JST plug causes issue, and it’s my J-01. No fix for that one today unfortunately.

At least it will be easier to plug in with the EZMate. JST can be annoying on some cases. Or we could just run ribbon cables like some of the Chinese boards do. :grin:

1 Like

Counter-point, 3D printing means you can create a range of printed stands in non-marring materials to display your keyboards as well.

As I shamelessly share my own design; Printables

5 Likes

As someone who also 3d prints, yes very true. It would be super convenient to make all of my stands out of TPU.

But also, most 3d printing things don’t have any sort of premium feel to them. They are extremely practical though!

1 Like

I don’t have any keyboard stands. Instead, I put keyboards around my house where plants might be placed. No watering necessary and arguably prettier.

9 Likes

But still lubing required :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Looks like RAMA is cleaning out their closets to make room for those rumored raw aluminum toilet plungers :thinking:

4 Likes

prepare your eyes for the legend misalignments that will be part of acceptable quality standard for Drop’s reverse dye-subs. basically buy at your own risks and no backsie.

11 Likes

unfortunately on the nose that that features an “L”

5 Likes

Cannonkeys stepping up to help out M&Co. customers that ordered GMK Terror Below

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/15ge3vg/update_on_gmk_terror_below_gb_orders/

10 Likes

I would have the stand on my desk to either display “the crown jewel” or to have my latest build/favorite daily driver to easily swap between the two.

1 Like

Oof what a shame - the contrast is so nice, but that alignment is loosey-goosey. Guess I’m gonna skip this one after all.

Edit: as for no take-backsies, Drop does at least have a no-questions-asked return policy these days, so at minimum you could get a refund if you don’t like the caps. They might decline to exchange on account of alignment, but they will provide a prepaid shipping label for a refund return.

2 Likes

If only PC keyboards were opaque… the search continues…

The only thing I know about this is that I think it looks really neat. Not sure if “HAN” is a reference to Solo, but Tohsi’s design language looks like it would feel right at home in a Mos Eisley cantina.

I found this designer’s work after seeing a keyset of theirs on KBDfans;

I’m still on the fence about it, but I am loving those billiards-looking colors…

Speaking of colors - if you’re a fan of greys like you might see on a set like Nines of Susuwatari, you might like the look of these:

12 Likes

I love the look of those GSA keycaps. And now it’s going to the top of my list, when I can afford new caps…

Weirdly I was also looking at stuff from Tohsi Industrial Design recently, after seeing them mentioned in the Key Kobo Retro Mixed Lights set.

This looks like the same keyboard kit that you linked, but with what I’m guessing are mixed keycaps? I really like the look of this with those transparent reds.

The wrist rest looks neat too.

I also saw this IC thread on geekhack for another keyboard, and a macro pad.

6 Likes

those caps are funky cool. So, are they in stock? Wonder what’s up with the space bar. The one in photos is crazy. I guess it didn’t make it to production.

4 Likes

Looks like in stock at KBDfans; sold out on Tohsi’s own site.

1 Like

Just bought at set (UV printing be damned) even though I don’t have any keyboard to put it on. Looked too damn cool

3 Likes

Highfive! I bought a set, too.

3 Likes

Weeeeeiiirrrd… :flushed::gem:

3 Likes