Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Ok, I only saw someone say that Geon looked in to that just the other day and it was still a issue. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Here’s Geon confirming the stem size adjustment. I guess we’ll see how it goes once someone tries out the recent KKB sets.

1 Like

FKcaps’ Simon has introduced a new interface for his keycap customization app, which is practically a front-end to a quite versatile laser-etching service. Many keycap profiles, lots of options. You can try it out even without signing up.

4 Likes

Been a long time since a bright yellow set has run and this one is compatible with everything. Also available in Red.

3 Likes

Just noticed a new CIDOO around, the V75: CIDOO V75 – epomaker

and by a quick look on Aliexpress here’s the original one, I would say :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Is it just me or the corners looks a bit sharp?

Yellow. Yes. Buy. There is no way I was going to buy Greg just to get this colorway. :rofl:

3 Likes

Just saw this on a Reddit post (r/BudgetKeebs) and may interest someone: Drop Sense75 @ 99$ (no shipping included, but don’t know how much usually Drop charges):

1 Like

Flash sale on MT3 Godspeed (Apollo Base Kit) and MT3 Skiidata (Base Kit) for $39. Great deal if you also have the club coupon. I don’t think I’ve seen Skiidata on sale outside of BOGO sales (which doesn’t stack with coupons).

3 Likes

The WOB and 3277 are also sold for $49.

Is there a difference between the ABS and the PBT sets in terms of design? it almost looks like the ABS variant have an X shape curvature and sharper edges.

MT3 ABS is doubleshot while MT3 PBT is dyesub so PBT has more room for custom legends

I think the PBT has a bit deeper dishes and ABS is less rough texture

2 Likes

Different molds that don’t quite match between the two versions. No row 5 in ABS, though not many of the PBT sets use row 5 anyway. (The new revision of Dev/tty does.) No 2u shift mold in ABS.

2 Likes

Memorial Day sale at NovelKeys covering lots of stuff, but I’m always a fan of the big discounts:

If you don’t mind skipping-out on a warranty for the PCB and having to install your own stab washers, you can get an NK87 for fifty bucks. I’d recommend replacing the stabs anyway, so hey.

Are the NKs my favorite series? Not at all. Is this a lot of keyboard for $50? Heck yes. If you or someone you know wants to dip their toes into the space without spending keyboard money - this might be a good option.

7 Likes

I don’t get it. Why is it $85 cheaper just because there aren’t washers on the stabilizers? Are there other issues I’m not seeing? Is there a reason why they say there is no warranty for the PCB? Are these lemons? :lemon: It just looks to good to be true

I feel like the plastic blumen would look good with Phosphorus and it seems to play well with GMK TU2. Seems like a lot of sets would look nice on it.

I just realized that I’d rather buy a new keyboard than swap out the switches in the hotswap boards I have. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I saw alexotos mention in the NK Discord that the clearanced PBT sets are buy one get one 50% off. $75 for two full sets of NK Cherry is a fantastic deal as well.

5 Likes

I don’t have all the definitive answers here, but I might have some insight. I own two keebs with this PCB version; one of these, and an aluminum edition.

They don’t explicitly state why no warranty, but I bet it’s related to this:

Some of the screws on that first batch are really cranked-down. Hasn’t caused any actual issues on either of my boards, but there were marks here and there where some of the screws dug-into the PCB surface. I’m thinking they’d rather clear these at-cost without a warranty than get into the weeds of figuring out the rate of actual damage here. It seems like there’s a small chance some of these screws dug-in enough to damage traces, or at least short them without washers - but both of mine are working. :man_shrugging:

The aluminum one I bought knowing the issue and replaced the stabs (and washers) before ever even powering on the keyboard. The EE, though, I bought before NK was aware of the issue, and I used that one for a while before replacing the stabs and washers.

The only weird thing I saw on the EE, which may or may not be related to the screws, was some inconsistent behavior from the RGB - which itself seems unfortunately pretty common across many models and manufacturers. I haven’t taken the time yet to feel-out the boundaries of those issues - the CTRL, for example, does the same thing if you don’t use a USB3 port and a cable that can reliably carry its max power. On the other hand, my original Portico has derpy RGB no matter what. Not sure where the Batch 1 NK87s lie on that spectrum - or if my derpy RGB was a total fluke.

2 Likes

Unlubed Blueberry Chiffons on sale. Any caveats I might mention are on the sales page there. :+1:

1 Like

Or if you live in Europe, fifty bucks plus fifty-two bucks shipping.

Why, oh why, do US based companies have such high shipping charges?

The VAT is usually included in the shipping-price you get from NK.
(the VAT to your country that is.)

1 Like

Amazing price on an Alps compatible custom thanks to 20% off site wide.

4 Likes