Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Yeah. Still, at least I won’t buy an extra board because it’s a bargain :smile:

I got Norse. Came today. Not the best, but not the worst :rofl:

1 Like

Is the color as far off as some posts on Reddit have made it look?

it looks just like this product photo IRL:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Got a feeling he mix it up with GMK Nord

1 Like

Glad to see Ducky getting into customs!

1 Like

Looks like Gateron has a new iteration of the Pro line, and it looks like KBDfans has a small stock of them on sale. Honestly there’s a good chance they’ll all be gone by the time I hit “Reply” but it’s nice to see Gateron continuing to improve the series.

Edit: the update from 2.0 to 3.0 entails frosting on the light lens for better diffusion, and the inclusion of their new reinforced pins that resist bending better than the old ones.

2 Likes

What’s new?

1 Like

Now that I figured out how to use Vertrel XF, I wanted to get more.

KeebCats sells 30ml bottles but I ain’t paying $20 shipping fee for $30 (two 30ml bottles).

What I found instead is this 8oz spray for $40 something which is available locally for industrial use. Spray will be easier to use than bottles so all good in theory. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

What about something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05103-Electronic-Cleaner-11/dp/B000BXOGNI/

That may work just as well but I’d rather use what I already tested and verified. I expect 8oz can will last a long time for occasional use so cost saving don’t matter much either. Grainger has a branch nearby so ability to pick it up anytime I need it is good too.

1 Like

I have been using this DuPont Spray-on dry lube that is Boron Nitride + PTFE as a faster alternative to RO-59.

Quick and easy, but just make sure you use it in a well ventilated place.

Clean up overspray on your lube stations with regular IPA and a microfiber towel. Used it on some unlubed Geon Black linear switches that I had previously broken-in with 500K actuations.

Tub lubed the springs, and just sprayed 2 coats on the bottom housings, waiting roughly 3 minutes between coats and I have to say I am really impressed…

1 Like

Sounds like the updates from G-pro 2.0 to 3.0 are:

• Frosting on the condenser lens for more light diffusion
  • Reinforced pins to resist bending

These otherwise appear to retain all the other features of the 2.0, and exist as an iterative (but not revolutionary) improvement to them.

1 Like

It also looks like they also moved to 2-stage springs.

MTNU gb soon :running_man:

8 Likes

It’s not every day that you see the acronyms GMK and PBT in the same sentence.

It’s a pity that they didn’t include images showing the profile after talking it up, though. To my eye it looks like MA meets XVX in some way.

Not bad, norse is pretty good looking too.
I can’t even believe it, but i actually got red alert.

1 Like

I’ve had mixed experiences with like materials being used for stem and housing, and I think all I’ve tried so far have some degree of slip-stick. Polycarb, POM, UHMWPE and its many blends - so I am a little skeptical here - but I’m also curious.

My limited experience with LY makes it seem like a much harder material than other umwipe-containing blends, so hey, maybe this will work out. I’ve been a little underwhelmed with LY so far, but maybe I just haven’t tried the right one yet. (POK is still what I’m excited about.)

2 Likes