Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Durock Blue and White Lotus switches now available from Dangkeebs.

These are like the Black Lotus linears, but the Whites are light tactiles and the Blues are closer to T1s.

3 Likes

I’m thinking the whites might be nice. Still don’t like the high pitch squeak/chirp I get from the stems. Might be less noticeable in a tactile though.

You test them out and let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d expect tactiles to be poppier from extra force used to press them.

Pop Pop Bubble Pop

5 Likes

I thought I’d get it today. But it looks like a day or two to wait.

1 Like

I hearted that one but then I realized I should unheart it because I’m afraid I might go to jail for watching it… :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

lol. just some slightly spicy K-POP.

1 Like

Yeah, it should be a proper image of the profile.

But you will find more information here, MTNU: Pre-release update

(mtnu vs SA)

6 Likes

Thanks for showing that. The bottom 4 rows do look a lot like XVX, and the top two look like SA was reduced in height and angle. I’d almost certainly bump the R5 keys while reaching for R6, but then one almost never actually reaches for R6 for any reason, right? :grinning:

mykeyboard.eu is doing another surprise gmk set sale

They also have a SA sale
https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/ranges/sa-sale/

They have publicly stated in their discord that they have a cashflow problem (not the same as cash problem)

3 Likes

ha! I bet they do. I’m in two group buys where I’ve recently found out that mkb hasn’t paid their invoices. It’s pretty spooky. Like it’s a huge chunk of money that they should have paid quite some time ago. I guess this is how they’re trying to get it.

Those SA sets aren’t much of a deal though. They’re selling a Maxkey SA Calm Depths for like $130 USD. $140 USD each for sets like SA Espresso and Ramses (Mods and Alphas). They do have some ortho sets in stock though. Those are probably appealing to a certain crowd.

2 Likes

Heres another one to check out!

8 Likes

Genuinely hyped to buy more caps than I’ll ever need all over again - glad to see you guys on the vendor list for MTNU!

3 Likes

As an Ikki68 Enjoyer, I am happy it’s getting some more love…

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/13xkegb/ic_ikki68_aurora_v2_back_with_new_fun_3d_badge/

5 Likes

Awesome! Loving some of those new color options. Wonder what an alu pc stitched plate is like…

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. Some unique ideas in the case and plate design. Truly worth the v2 designation.

Very interested in the Amethyst and Caramel colors.

I have an extra PCB and like 10 badges, so I’m all in for another case :blush:

2 Likes

I’m not sure the old PCBs will fit - it looks like the new case is set up for a daughter board - a good thing unless you’re trying to use an existing PCB. :stuck_out_tongue:

It also looks like they updated and simplified the gasket design - more pads, but looks like they skipped the slide-in plastic “chips” that held the old ones in lieu of more ribbing in the case, making the pads themselves the modular part. I didn’t hate the chips but I think this is a good move, as they could be kind of tough to remove once wedged in there.

1 Like

That’s a really excellent illustration, showing the design thinking. Clearly it was Cherry bottom rows and SA top rows and then a bit of spherification here and there.

1 Like

I was interested in some different badges and maybe that half-style plate. Bummer that there is no solder PCB. I was kind of tempted to get something like that to undo some of the weirder switch alignments featured in the multi-layout.

Have you found a badge color that tends to work with a lot of keycap sets? I have the Aurora Frost version with the PVD gold, and I find it a little garish about half of my keycap sets.

The gold PVD looks okay with a few sets, but I usually use a black or prism PVD badge for most sets.

3 Likes

The group buys for MTNU are up on iLumkb:

5 Likes