Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Group Buy - March 22nd 2022 until March 27th 2022 = Base Kit $99
Pre order - March 28th 2022 until November 2023 = Base Kit $129

ah yes… but you forget that several times they reduce the cost of base sets to sell them off when they have a lot of extras. I’m calling it now. Ima order this set in late Jan 2024 for $109 with 1 week free shipping

heck, have you priced SA oblivion right now?? It’s a great deal

$123 with free shipping for full SA ascii alphas and git mods. I paid more than that preorder for my GMK set last year.

1 Like

It’s gonna be a in stock thing like many of MiTo’s other sets at drop

Scratch that, got misinformation.

Ordered 2… One for me, and one for a gift for someone who hated the PCjr with as much passion as I did back in the day. :rofl:

Okay, not big on the Alice layout, but the 1800 looks interesting…

1 Like

So, anyone who’s read about my interest in 71-Key layout keyboards (ie, compact TKL / FRL layout) knows that I have been collecting them. So far I’ve found eight… Then the other night as I was crusing around AliExpress I cam across these:

and

So, now I’ve ordered them… Slight disappointment: one of them they had listed as being wireless, but the messaged me and said that they had made an error in their listing. (And they have corrected that mistake.)

4 Likes

New V2 closed top domes from Deskeys as well as spacebar stabilizers pack is fixed and back in stock. Check their Discord for details.

5 Likes

ooh, nice. Looks like I’ve got a weekend project coming up now.

1 Like

Does anybody know about the “supposed” Frost Witch r2? Someone on twitch chat said there was going to be one near late november-ish.

I’m not 100% sure if he’s just trolling or legit, but looks like it might be possible:

Screenshot 2022-03-23 7.26.15 PM

1 Like

Monokei launched pre-orders for their double-shot PBT keycaps.

• $75
  • Pre-order open until April 8th and available from regional vendors
  • June 2022 delivery

https://monokei.co/series-1-keycaps/white-on-black

6 Likes

Waiting for that navy version, myself :slight_smile:

Navy is the bee’s knees :relaxed:

Waiting for review or at least opinions. Local retailer would be nice too. Shipping cost is not ideal.

I suppose it’s possible Mekibo could sell them one day since they’ve collaborated before and Mekibo hasn’t developed their own caps yet.

Mekibo has a listing up, albeit at a higher price than Monokei. You’d still probably come out ahead since shipping from Monokei is so high: MONOKEI Series 1: White on Black Keyset (In-stock) — Mekibo

1 Like

Apple patented a computer-in-a-keyboard design

4 Likes

Keyboard in the pcb… I have seen this before lol

artworks-QxHOzSOP0bcJjqVN-sQF67Q-t500x500

6 Likes

3 Likes

A fun little script to emulate some typewriter sounds for your modern keeb