Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

got a couple of boxes of the Cream Clickies. Been looking for a clicky switch and these seem worth trying out. I’ll post some notes when they arrive.

5 Likes

Interesting. They are linear. Pretty muted too for a click-y. They seem like they would be good in the office. Linear is still a choice though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnXE79hD7kr/?hl=en

4 Likes

The clickies seem interesting. Pretty much mx-mount Futaba MA switches but in an mx-shaped housing. i wonder how different they would feel if compared with each other.

I ordered some. The only thing I’m wondering is the point of actuation must be way before the click, right?

Oh wow that sounds great

1 Like

@djmantis huh - no kidding, that is pretty darn linear for a clicky:

crikie

Looks like actuation happens at the beginning of the click event, which itself looks to actually be a tiny dip in the force curve. I always take these factory ones with a grain of salt, but that’s pretty neat either way.

3 Likes

Sound of chirpy linear doesn’t appeal to me but that bottom has potentials. Would be cool to have micro-bongo there with a twist knob underside to change pitch.

2 Likes
4 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

Constructive criticism should be expected (and welcomed!), but half the comments there fall into the “this is garbage and you should feel bad” category of feedback.

2 Likes

Half is unnecessarily dramatic in my opinion. There are 10 comments, 2 of which I would consider bad/trolling comments, but the other 8 were valid feedback. Not everyone can be eloquent at providing feedback - some are good and articulate, some are really rough - some of which is clear English is not their first language.

1 Like

I like this a lot; signed up for the waiting list. I’m curious to see if this will be priced in the range of the new Tofu boards (under $200 USD).

1 Like

You were unlucky. it will be 300+

1 Like

Hmm. A bit higher than I was expecting.

1 Like

boxes came in the mail today. The click is muted and it’s funny to feel a clicky w/o much scratchiness. Going to put these in a board tonight and see how they feel to really type on.

1 Like

GMK’s new packing setup

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnruI6ZKVjV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

6 Likes

Wouaouh, that is impressive !

Cost of setting up a custom factory line needs to go down drastically, low enough for small factories to build within weeks. Like working with Legos.

This Macropad from Owlabs looks fun! Hadn’t heard of their Voice65 keyboard before - did anyone get that and liked it?

5 Likes

Ok, this is sooo cool. Just imagine this for keyboards!

7 Likes