Keyboard Builders' Digest

Another weekly selection of DIY keyboard related posts. Issue #66 is available at Issue #66 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

4 Likes

History is being written one hour’s drive away from my home. Regardless, here is another weekly selection of DIY keyboard related posts. Issue #67 is available at: Issue #67 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

4 Likes

Another weekly selection of DIY keyboard related posts. Issue #69 is available at: Issue #69 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

5 Likes

You might want to check out the issues with one of the vendors listed in your directory. Polartype (nee Kumamech) has apparently imploded leaving a lot of Group Buy’s in the lurch. Sam, the person running Polartype, has yet again taken the site down again after a recent mea culpa to make things better. Even though absolutely nothing changed after this announcement.

Full disclosure: I’m part of the group buy through them for the “Coldtop Topre” deskmats. Something I can no longer charge back for and am unlikely to receive.

2 Likes

What a moose knuckle. I added the :warning: to PolarType’s shop listing just in case.

2 Likes

Thanks, marked it as “closed”.

1 Like

Issue #70 is out. Another weekly selection of DIY keyboard related posts: Issue #70 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

4 Likes

Issue #71 is here. The latest of my weekly selections of DIY keyboard related posts: Issue #71 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

Also, the newsletter has now 2,000 subscribers which exceeds Mailchimp’s free plan. Check this week’s editorial for details if you’d like to help. (Or here is a direct link.)

3 Likes

Issue #72 of my weekly selections of DIY keyboard related posts: Issue #72 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

5 Likes

Issue #73 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news: Issue #73 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

3 Likes

Issue #74 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news, this time with some original longer format articles (PRK firmware, Jacqueline’s custom notebook keyboard, and also the LDSA keycap profile): Issue #74 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

2 Likes

Issue #75 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news: Issue #75 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

3 Likes

Issue #76 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news: Issue #76 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

5 Likes

Issue #77 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news: Issue #77 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

With an improved square matrix – up to 380 keys with a Pro Micro with less diodes.

3 Likes

Issue #78 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news: Issue #78 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

3 Likes

Issue #79 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news is available at: Issue #79 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

5 Likes

Issue #80 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news is available at: Issue #80 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

If you like free stuff, check out this week’s editorial for some goodies.

5 Likes

Here is Issue #81 of my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related news: Issue #81 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

Again, there’s a small giveaway. Check out the editorial for a keycap set offered by KeebMonkey.

6 Likes

Here is Issue #82 of kbd.news, my weekly roundup of DIY keyboard related projects: Issue #82 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

Again, you can win something cool. Check out this week’s editorial for the rules to win a super rare KBD.NEWS metal artisan keycap offered by metalkeyboards.no. :smiley:

6 Likes

We went from transparent keycaps, to transparent cases, to transparent switches and now…transparent hotswap sockets

INNOVATION BABY!

Someone please make a transparent keyboard build for the laughs.

6 Likes