Keyboard Builders' Digest

Issue #101 of kbd.news is out – check out this week’s editorial for a little surprise: Issue #101 of Keyboard Builders' Digest

5 Likes

Issue #102 of kbd.news is out. To celebrate the blog’s 2nd anniversary, I’m cooking up a teeny little surprise. Check it out: KBD.news Giveaway 2022

4 Likes

Issue #103 of kbd.news is out. Don’t miss the giveaway either: KBD.news Giveaway 2022

4 Likes

That split with the VGA cable is crazy. I need to try some of these crazy boards one day. I have one 40% and I have one ortho keyboard. Neither one of them really worked out for me. I still get the ortho board out occasionally to practice typing on it

1 Like

Yeah, these ergo splits work best if you design them around your own fingers. Simply buying or printing another guy’s design makes not much sense to me. I couldn’t type on any columnar stagger or layout but my own I meticulously figured out a few years ago.

2 Likes

The kbd.news project turns 2 today. To celebrate this event, 50 vendors offered 111 prizes for a giveaway. I close the application form in a few hours, so hurry up guys and gals: KBD.news Giveaway 2022

4 Likes

Issue #104 of kbd.news is out. Announcing the Advent Calendar line-up: KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar 2022

2 Likes

KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar

The very first KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar is starting off with a 0th day post on what the heck is a mechanical keyboard advent calendar. :wink:

(Spoiler: It’s been a custom in the Japanese DIY keyboard community, and I tried to recruit an all-star line-up to bring this phenomenon to you outside of Japan.)

Posts will be revealed one by one, landing page this way:

Coming soon: Falling Down The Rabbit Hole by Ben Vallack.

3 Likes

With the first two articles of the KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar, and a lot more, Issue #105 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out.

2 Likes

Issue #106 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out. This time with even more articles of the KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar.

3 Likes

Issue #107 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out. This time with even more articles of the KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar, and a lot more!

1 Like

Issue #108 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out. With some articles of the KBD.NEWS Advent Calendar, and a lot more!

2 Likes

Issue #109 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out:

3 Likes

Issue #110 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out. Slowly getting back to my normal pace:

4 Likes

@dovenyi Which issue would you recommended for someone who is starting out? I would like to understand more in depth what it takes to create own (ideally low profile, wireless, with knob) keyboard.

1 Like

These weekly issues cover mostly new projects. While the open-source ones (KiCad files or build guides) can help a lot if you have some basic understanding of the design and manufacturing process, I have some old and half-baked tutorials for beginners here: https://golem.hu/

1 Like

Because of personal problems, the blog is in low-power mode. Anyway, here is Issue #112 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff:

2 Likes

Thanks bud. We appreciate ya!

1 Like

I’m back with Issue #114 of my weekly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff:

The newsletter will be probably suspended temporarily because it will cost me $50 a month from March. See today’s editorial for more info.

1 Like

Issue #115 of my weekly/fortnightly digest of mostly DIY keyboard stuff is out:

4 Likes