Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

Sure, here you go: Amazon.com

The inside diameter was a bit small, but it worked out in the end. The o rings stay on the screws once you get them on there. Made it easy to reassemble.

2 Likes

Not getting that hour back… :weary:

7 Likes

Oh no! What happened, the assembly shift on you while placing the domes? I’ve had it happen, not fun at all.

Whoops. Accidentally deleted instead of edited lol. Yep… using two whiskey glasses probably wasn’t the brightest of ideas. :tumbler_glass: :joy:. I put rubber mats under em this time.

3 Likes

Part 6 of ??? of my topre swaps, this time we’ve got some KBD sliders. Going to get a sound test of these + the clacky mods that hit the housing, then silence and drill tomorrow. BKE domes haven’t moved from DHL in a week, still saying not picked up. Looks like DES pink domes will be my first dome swap, since they’re almost in Canada already.

Eagerly awaiting DES Sliders, since these KBD ones are quite noticeably crooked. They don’t immediately feel all too bad, but I did do a generous but safe amount of krytox lube on the slider housings.

8 Likes

Comparison video rendering now :wink: Update, it’s up: DES Pink domes typing video + comparison to stock 55g!

8 Likes

I’d go for the Satisfaction75 first if I had to choose.

1 Like

I layered 2 of these to separate the pcb from the standoffs in my 5° and uh…

Very very flexy. I did have to take a dremel to the case internals to allow it to flex that much (though that was before adding the o rings), and this raises the pcb up so much that I’m going to have to widen the usb hole significantly. But without raising it up the bottom two rows would be hitting the bottom of the case way too soon anyway. These silicon O-rings are exactly what I needed to really increase the flex though, thanks for the suggestion!

6 Likes

Oh wow, that’s a LOT of flex! That’s going to be a blast to type on. Glad they worked out for you - they had the most “bounce” out of the ones I tried.

I wonder if you could slide one of those fiber washers we use for stabs (or something like it) between the o-ring and the pcb, just to keep it from wanting to pop through that top most mounting location.

2 Likes

A lot of flex here!
How is the typing experience ?

Hooked this toggle switch into a leopold keyboard

10 Likes

What does the toggle do?

1 Like

Toggles

8 Likes

Powers the keyboard off

3 Likes

what is the point of powering off a wired keyboard? or am I incapable of reading sarcasm

1 Like

Maybe it’s for random cases of cats

8 Likes

Same! Now I think this is an actual thing.

1 Like

It is complicated. Originally, I wanted to add the toggle just for the lolz, and also because I have a fetish for electronics that have this main power switch (mainly, because a lot of things nowadays do not have a simple way to turn the off without unplugging them from a power source).

Surprisingly, this toggle has been useful for me, since I could tinker with the keycaps without unplugging the keyboard (remember this is leopold and unplugging it from the keyboard side is not very convenient).

6 Likes

Household with cats, small children, clumsy owner who spills drink every week over the keyboard…

1 Like

@casastorta @Manofinterests consensus is clear, toggle good.

8 Likes