Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

Dielectric Dayenu!

2 Likes

Finally got this literal nightmare in working order after having it sitting in my drawer for 4 months, its the only thing I still have around with a detached micro controller, and working on it today reminded me of why I only use complete SMT PCBs now, desoldering microcontrollers is a thankless task. (built with kaihl box reds lubed with :wink: Krytox 105)

I threw a Nice! nano in here and its the perfect width to rest over my macbook keyboard without touching it.

(rest in peace white balance, you will be missed)

7 Likes

I took a few weeks off and that’s definitely part of my vacation plans. Just finished lubing a bunch of H1’s that I have to slap in my Space65 CyberVoyager, and then figure out my Sinc build.

4 Likes

My only chore at this time is desoldering my Kbd8x. And lubing, filming, and soldering Glorious Pandas in their place. At my pace it’s about a month of work.

1 Like

Burn them >:)

2 Likes

You make a compelling argument.

1 Like

Just be sure to have proper ventilation - burning POM releases formaldehyde gas. :upside_down_face:

As an aside, PVC is even worse. I learned this while working in the signage industry; one of the small shops I spent time with had done a fair bit of damage to their industrial laser table by cutting and engraving lots of PVC with it. Turns out! Those vapors are corrosive, and every bare metal surface in the machine became covered with rust. I’m just glad the thing had a strong fume extractor.

3 Likes

Huey’s Keyboard Chores for the time period of
12/23/2020 --> 1/2/2021 (US time format; time off from work)

Rama Works Kara Review (this week)
Norbaforce Dome Swap
Zephyr Rebuild
Xeno Rebuild
Boba Switch Build
Ink Kangaroo Review
Ogre Build (still)
Yohane TKL Review

and probably quite a few other stuff that I’ve forgotten. All I know is I’ll be lubing a good deal of switches :joy:

10 Likes

You’ve got at list, that’s cute.

I have to bring in Excel to keep track of everything.

11 Likes

Ooooooo, whatcha putting in the Xeno? I need to live vicariously through you till Zeal pony’s up mine.

2 Likes

Going from:

To:

On my UT47.2.

7 Likes

I built this board pretty early on before I was lubing anything. The switches sound fine but the rattly stabs always bugged me. So, instead of taking it apart, I’m shoving some dielectric grease in there with dental picks.

4 Likes

Got my Kyria up and running. They weren’t kidding about the aggressive pinky stagger. My chores are to get used to typing on this layout, then learn ZMK and install the batteries when they arrive. This message took way too long to type up, lol

3 Likes

I like to mess around with layout ideas in my spare time. Sometimes I even build them if I like them enough. Just whipped this one together loosely based on the Triumph Adler.

4 Likes

Spreadsheet? You need to take this into a kanban board.

2 Likes

Well this is weird

1 Like

Why is there keyboard case sound dampening foam in your cupboards?

2 Likes

My mother in law’s house and I don’t know. I’m very confused :flushed:

4 Likes

It’s so it doesn’t sound so much when stacking the plates ofc. :wink:

But FYI, a rubber version of that is used on ships to prevent things from sliding around.

4 Likes

Yep. My mom uses the same stuff for all kinds of things; dampening the cabinets, preventing the silverware tray from sliding in the drawer, and keeping rugs in place.

3 Likes