Hello all. I’ve recently been on the hunt for something that appears to be unobtanium in the U.S. and figured I would ask for some advice here.
I found a couple of OEM keyboards that interest me but I can’t find them in the U.S. (a bit hard to find in Google and seemingly not available for purchase in the U.S.)
- Akko 3098N Black and Gold three-mode hot-swappable
- Machenike K600-B100W three-mode hot-swappable 100-key (I would prefer this option over their two-mode option that is easier to find)
Here is my short list of what I’m looking for in a (new) mechanical keyboard:
- Minimum wireless two-mode (2.4ghz wireless/wired USB-C)
- Hot-swappable switches (3 or 5 pin; no preference)
- Compact 1800 layout with number pad and extra keys (really want to keep Print Screen)
- Backlit (white or RGB ok as long as programmable with QMK or VIA)
- High-profile (has case)
If there are other options in the U.S. similar to these, I am open to suggestions. I have looked at Drop, Akko, Leopold, Cherry, Keychron and several others including barebones/DIY. I know the Drop Shift high-profile was cancelled. That probably would have been my closest first choice although it’s pricey and not wireless. I have also seen a mod for Leopold to make it wireless. I thought about the BM980 pcb and case. I’m not totally opposed to modding or soldering but was looking to have it all in an OEM keyboard without having to mod.
Thanks in advance.