NCR 80 plastic kit

IIRC the r2 info was in the qq group, which is hard to access when you are not from china.

2 Likes

One thing Iā€™m not clear on is what was the cut-off date for getting R1 kits.

I was on ZFrontier about a week ago looking into the NCR-80, and it kind of looked like pre-orders for that gray kit were still available. But looking more closely a couple of days ago, I could see that everything, including pre-orders was sold out.

So I wonder what was the last chance to get current stock of the NCR-80.

1 Like

Seems like YMDK has NCR80 kits in stock.

Plateless solder:

Hotswap w/ carbon fiber plate:

json and hex file for hotswap and solder PCB

4 Likes

Not bad pricing for the switch packages either.

1 Like

I am close to placing an order.

Gateron CAP Golden Brown on these should give something like a classic Cherry tactile board.

3 Likes

Can just send inner message to YMDK.They should be able to get it.We saw they have most gateron kailh cherry jwk switches

Thanks. In fact, I have already ordered the NCR-80 barebones kit via AliExpress.

Looks like the R2 pre-order is up with two new case colors: gray and beige.

6 Likes

Iā€™m trying to gauge the color of the case in the photos. What keycaps are those? They look like a blue Cyrillic PBT set but they appear gray and white in the photos.

Yeah I think Iā€™ll be biting the bullet on one of these this payday. I am very happy with the two full sized Cherry boards I rebuilt, the plateless build & plastic case make for a surprisingly nice typing experience. They donā€™t sound too bad either! Given these can be built plateless Iā€™d expect a similar feel & sound from it.

2 Likes

Yeah, the colors seem way off from what Iā€™m expecting at least, the mods look far too gray. Assuming that they didnā€™t touch up any component of the photo individually, it would be a safe guess that everything there would look warmer in person.

R1 was like $90 from zfrontier they dropped the price for R2 to $80!?!? (shipping is expensive at $36.40 still pretty great deal).

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p

I like the beige, silver is nice but I wish it wasnā€™t a mismatched top and bottom.

1 Like

I think the hotswap version is $15 cheaper than it was before. The pro move would be to buy a plate, extra pcb or case/shell to get the ā€œtotal over $100ā€ free shipping option.

Does anyone speak Chinese? I would love to get on zfrontier and find out what keycaps those are in the product photos. I donā€™t see how those could be beige without significant photoshopping. Thereā€™s no such thing as gray and white keycaps with blue cyrillic legends in the Western market, is there?

1 Like

I would put my money on ePBT Blue Russian. I think they used very cool temp bulbs for the lighting, and probably touched it up, at least in Lightroom.

Iā€™m looking at buying the kit for $109 but I donā€™t see a free shipping option with either Apple Pay or otherwise, despite the total being over $100.

Did they just stop that offer? I checked myself, and no dice.

The Shipping Policy page still shows the $100 deal so Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s not applying. Maybe in stock only?

From what I can tell from the translated ZFrontier forums, there will be a Bluetooth PCB (possibly QMK compatible?) going into GB soon. Itā€™s also possible that the cool gray color will be for both the top and bottom - the GB host said something to the effect of being lazy with taking pictures, but Iā€™m not sure. Lastly, it sounds like there will be a Win-key version coming after this GB - the literal translation was ā€œfront teethā€ vs ā€œno front teethā€ so make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Ha. Love it.