New Zeal Switches?

I’m leaning towards new housing material since most everyone complains about how Zeal’s switches sound. The current stem lineup is solid, and I doubt they’d implement a clicky option given that they would have already done so years ago if it was ever up for consideration.

2 Likes

Me too. :smiley: Thanks @TimeDoctor, that posting is hilarious!

2 Likes

My best guess is that Gateron might be eager to catch up to the optical/hall effect switches that allow precise controll and no contact leaf. So if paired with Zeal level smoothness, it will be even smoother than Tealios. That or a new type of clicky switch. Idk, its not like Zeal had an R&D budget he mostly just tweaks switches, so it’d only be interesting if Gateron is launching something new.

Aren’t the Tealios already kinda speedy, in that they have a shorter actuation and travel distance?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Tealios have the standard travel & actuation distance, afaik all Zeal switches do & he doesn’t have a speed variant of any. That’s what made me think that at least.

Zeal has been teasing what looks almost like some sort of buckling leaf switch on his Instagram story. I shamelessly ripped it from his ig story. I uploaded it to imgur here: imgur dot com/gallery/tIaYqex (I’m not trusted to post links lol)

3 Likes

I got chu

2 Likes

That looks like it works kinda like alps

3 Likes

Yeah looks like it uses an Alps style click leaf

2 Likes

mx click leaf

thank you zeal for my lyfe

4 Likes

cool idea. will they be a cool $2 per switch? :frowning:

8 Likes

Ohhhhh man. I am excite

2 Likes

OMG, the crazy bastard did it an ALPS style leaf in a MX housing! At least that’s what it looks like. Can’t say I’m fond of clicky switches, but if this means there will eventually be a tactile variant count me in for a batch!

4 Likes

So now we get an Alps Clicky style Zeal switch :thinking:
How exciting

5 Likes

holy shit that is wild this really might be the next big break in switch tech now lol

2020 click leaves and tactile leaves in MX
this new decade really is starting good

3 Likes

Click leaf MX switches? What the. It looks like the top housing design had to change. I wonder if that will interfere with any keycaps.

i think you’re right. I’m betting GMK R3 caps are going to hit that housing. Guess we’ll wait and see

novelkeys washer sales up 7100%

3 Likes

Are these related in any way to the new Tactile Leaf switches that went up on Drop.com today?

If so I am impressed by the price. Usually Zeal switches are closer to $1each, especially for new designs.

You get 110 for $70 on Drop.

1 Like

Probably not. The new Drop switches are likely another T1 clone.

That thread has information regarding JWK as I don’t want to muddy up this thread with JWK and T1 conversation. @Rob27shred has a link in that thread that goes to a Google Drive document by ThereminGoat that goes way deeper into this topic.

2 Likes