New Zeal Switches?

The Drop description specifically calls out that the switches use a metal tactile leaf, so perhaps not a T1 clone?

Possibly, but in the Holy Panda listing they said “Tactile method: Metal leaf” in the specifications. I get they’re calling it out, but it seems like just poorly worded copy.

1 Like

Not 100% sure if it’s a T1 clone, but someone cleared up in the comments of that drop that they are regular MX clones.

Is it a bad translation or active malice? You decide!

2 Likes

All MX switches use a metal leaf, the tactility comes from the legs on the stem interacting with that leaf.

1 Like

Well, when those use an ALPS stile click leaf,
one COULD glue the leaf to the housing and do an “reverse click mod”
(aka repair cream alps that got clicky over time)
on the creating an ALPS tactile switch in cherry housing.

Brown ALPS > Cherry Browns. :wink:

That’s a rather low bar to beat, really. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m super curious about this, even if it’s a clicky one (I don’t need more clickies…). My wallet just fears what will happen to it once the product is out.

1 Like

lmao, both extremes from the most loved tactile to the most hated one :joy:

2 Likes

So the 10th of January is long over, but I neither got another newsletter from ZealPC nor have I found anything really new on their website nor have I noticed another thread here on Keebtalk.

Anyone knows if they published anything relevant since then?

Not really. Zeal has said a few minor clarifying details in Discord, but otherwise I haven’t seen any major new information. He seems mostly busy catching up on Turquoise Tealios’ fulfillment right now.

1 Like

Yeah all I really saw was the Instagram stories from CES and considering that some of them said “testing spring weights” and things like that my guess is they are still prototypes and not ready for production for a bit.

i wonder… did these get coronavirus and die or are they headed our way soon?

2 Likes

I just ordered the new Helios v2 so something is going on in the factory. :thinking::+1:

Zeal was aiming for a GB this month so… we’ll see.

2 Likes

I’m sitting here with 4 brand new hotswap PCBs ready for switches. Bring on the new switches!

1 Like

I’m right there with ya, although only two hotswaps right now :joy:

Im sitting here with switches, and not HS PCBs…

Looks like maybe March is the drop? Zeal Iodine switches? So they’ll be kinda orange-brown stems?
Much excite.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuks4BnYtp/?igshid=8mjvhpz8fog1

3 Likes

Even though the iodine tag is on the right, the video seems to imply that it’s a keycap set LOL

2 Likes