New Zeal Switches?

Not sure who the 1 of 0 person is. Looks like the post is originally his and he’s tagged Zeal and Ducky.

1 Like

An older 1/0 Insta post showing dye-sub keycaps is also tagged with Iodine and Zeal. The plot thickens.

1 Like

OH snap! I just realizd…

The new switch is a 3 in 1 switch, right?. A 3/1 switch… released ON MARCH FRIST. 3/1

Maybe it’s a collab with this 1 of zero guy and Ducky featuring the new 3 in one switches?

6 Likes

If Zeal releases the 3 in 1 switches exclusively in Ducky boards I think he is doing himself a huge disservice. Most people buying a ducky will probably never even mess with the switches changing ability. Although since the popularity of Zeal switches has started to fall off I could see him doing something like an exclusive deal with an OEM. :thinking:

2 Likes

Moving from boutique to a mass producer is a bad move IMO. Everyone knows ZealPC as a “boutique” brand. Best of the best. Seems weird to jeopardize their market position to service a community that cares or knows very little about what makes them so amazing.

1 Like

Yeah I do agree although I have noticed Zeal switches losing steam in the enthusiast space now. Seems like ever since HPs became a thing he’s been playing catch up with his tactiles & then JWK stole a lot of Tealios thunder being as smooth as they are at around half the price of Tealios. So I can see why he’d want to get in on supplying OEMs.

Funny thing to me is he could probably avoid having to do that (if that is what he’s doing with Ducky) by just re-releasing V1 Zealios. Seems like a good majority of enthusiasts are over the hyper tactile MX switches & that would be a great way to pick his hype back up with us IMHO.

4 Likes

Very very true. Great points. I always imagined ZealPC would compete directly with GMMK one day. Or maybe a collaboration where GMMK would design a board with a Tealio theme.

1 Like

I’m of the mind that Zeal may be doing good moving forward into the mainstream. Hear me out - my more “normie” friends building their first custom boards have all always gone straight to Zealios. They know that Zeal was/is a very premium option relative to Cherry MX offerings. Does anyone else share the same experience?

6 Likes

Yep, I’ve seen the same thing. I know a few people who go straight to zeal switches when talking about aftermarket switches. My guess is that they know enough to do some research, but not enough to know more recent developments in the scene.

1 Like

I doubt it would be completely exclusive, maybe exclusive to ducky for prebuilts, but I would be mega surprised if they were not still offered loose.

2 Likes

Great points both of you guys! I was gonna say something similar in that although they seem to be falling off with us hardcore enthusiasts, they are still very, very popular with people just getting into the hobby!

Yeah, this is very true. Especially considering he has already teased them to the community on their own. I was more thinking like a timed exclusive also, something like you can only get them in Ducky boards for the first 6 months to a year of them hitting the market.

I did see an Instagram post from Ducky recently teasing a hotswap board. Does anyone know if that came out all ready? Maybe Zeal switches would just be an option on that board?

1 Like

I would speculate that he is just partnering to over his switches with a hotswap board that ducky is going to make. Which would mean he is just selling loose switches to a company that is just going to package them with the board. Seems to be the most logical step because completely leaving the enthusiast market just wouldn’t make sense.

1 Like

Anyone want to take guesses on how much a normal ducky board will be vs its zeal switch sister?

My guess is $60 markup

1 Like

Varmilo already does that,(kind of) don’t remember the markup tho

It’s here! New Zeal Ducky! Actually boo, where are my Alps tactile leaf MX switches???

3 Likes

ha. we were duped. It does look kinda cool though :slight_smile: Enhanced stabilizer lubrication… lol.

2 Likes

Not really for me, but this is pretty exciting for others in the hobby. Good for them! This kinda seems like a swipe at the NK65 and other budget boards. You get Ducky quality with some “enthusiast” switches.

1 Like

fixed that one slide for them:

3 Likes

Ooohh! I missed that. How is a three-in-one going to work with a soldered board… I remember it being said that it required no major modification, but I thought you would still need to crack open the switch at least.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is all just games :stuck_out_tongue: