PGA Profile Keycaps

PGA Sparta

Saw these guys on KBDFans today; another deep-scooped high-pro spherical profile is on the scene. One more in a long line of manufacturer’s taking their own whack at “SA, but better” - though it also looks like these caps could have a lot going for them.

It looks like PGA is a hair shorter than SA, with much deeper scoops on top. I’d love to see a photo comparing these with MT3 and MG.

Do you love the shape of MT3 but can’t stand the condensed typeface on the keys? Wanted a set of MG but it didn’t hit MOQ? Well - these might be worth a look. Personally, I’m not crazy about the overall colorway of this particular set, but I do see lots of potential here.

Unlike lots of new / upcoming products on KBDFans, most of the images here are photos rather than renders (complete with dust) - so there’s reasonable expectation the caps you get will look like the pictures.

Speaking of those pictures - it looks like these caps are not only super thicc, but competently produced with crisp, consistent, bold legends. The cap surface is an un-textured semi-gloss, not too unlike SP SA.

Assuming the QC of delivered sets is as good as the one photographed, these appear to be a worthy addition to the ever-growing list of quality new (if retro-inspired) profiles.

10 Likes

Big Question:

What does PGA stand for?

2 Likes

I recently got an MT3 set and I did wish it didn’t have such a condensed typeface. PGA looks like a great compromise between MT3 and SA. I hope they make more sets with bolder colors.

1 Like

Like golf or something

8 Likes

Instant purchase. Thanks for pointing these out

2 Likes

Oh I really dig those. Melgeek also has a “SA/MT3” competitor profile too if I recall.

Either way, I prefer the high profile caps (he says as he types on OEM caps)

1 Like

Nice. Looking forward to reviews on this keycap profile.

I personally would like to see more profiles like this with one change: deep-dished SDF and JKL, not just F and J.

Those are looking super nice!!!

Yep - they call it MG. From what I hear it’s between SA and MT3 in a lot of ways like how deep the scoops are, and how tall the caps are, and what they sound like. They have a non-textured surface like these PGA ones do.

1 Like

Unfortunately these have the same drawback as SA (to me anyways), the sculpt is designed to be placed on a flat board (i.e. the home row surface is parallel to the desk). As soon as you use them on a board with an angle, the home row has a forward slope that is all kinds of uncomfortable (again for me). That’s mostly why I can’t compare these to MT3.

6 Likes

Didn’t know SA profile feels better on a flat board. Just tried a few keys like that and it felt much more comfortable. Very cool. Gonna try building a full flat-bed board soon. Thx for the useful insight!

3 Likes

I’m more interested in that “KLK” profile from the picture, they look like cherry height SA caps, is there much info on those?

4 Likes

Found this IC on Geekhack for KLK keycaps, and it has the heights listed in the comparison. @Manofinterests looks like the manufacturer name is PG Peripherals: My guess is the “A” in PGA is to draw similarities to SA.

1 Like

Probably
Gonna
Acquire

6 Likes

They look like a DSS copy to me (which I’ve really been enjoying recently).

1 Like

That’s just so odd considering SA does actually stand for something

Spherical Touch
All Rows

edit: for people curious;

11 Likes

The colorway is a bit odd here, but the profile looks decent. Of course the devil is in the details… and the QC

I’m always a fan of scoopy, tall keycaps.

1 Like

Plastic
Grove
All rows

2 Likes

what about XDA

XD (for :laughing:)
A for “anything”

As in, LOL you’ll buy anything!

2 Likes

Poop
Go