Post Your Computer

did my 1st custom loop a couple of weeks ago. the plan is to wait for a Liquid Devil 6800XT and then the build is complete!

5 Likes

Looks good.
My FormD is supposed to ship in December

1 Like

My fans are in, just waiting for my 5900x to come in (whenever that happens) to get started on my build

8 Likes

I took @CosmicKira’s advice and finally put my pc on the desk.

Aside from that and a table top attached with real bolts, as well as the receiver and cambridge soundworks speakers. But most importantly, I’ve re-earned my place in the seattle mech keys discord

8 Likes

Nothing crazy but this is my “productive” space :blush:

IMG_20201112_1344

20 Likes

Love the lighting and somehow the minimalist look.

2 Likes

Nice. Now you just need a dual monitor stand and some cable management.

Is it just me or does it look like the girl on your screen is getting porked?

4 Likes

@Dr.Doof, another one, that we need to work on. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Never. PC lives on the floor. Down boy.

That’s a lot of fans …

I take it he likes to chase bunnies. :wink: :wink:

Na, that’s still in the single digits. lol

I’ve got 10, in my computer, not counting the two on the CPU cooler, the 3 on the GPU, and the one built into the PSU.

2 Likes

Only 15, that’s not a lot :relaxed:

3 Likes

Always hesitate for a dual monitor stand, so many choice. If you have any ref for me, that will be great :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t be more agree with that !

I’ve seen some horrors working in IT.

I’ve seen HAF X’s with dryer sheets built up on their front bottom intakes and the PSU intake when they were on wood floors, with their caster wheels attached.

I’ve had good luck with the VIVO monitor mounts. I’ve also used the Loctek monitor arms with gas shocks / springs. If it’s in a position, where I’m not going to adjust the monitor for other people to view it, I stick with the non gas shock monitor arms.

Dual (won’t load preview… weird.):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009S750LA/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_6ZOVFbTJ24TFT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Quad:
https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Screens-inches-STAND-V004Y/dp/B01E6448KS/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=vivo+quad&qid=1606323147&sr=8-6

I had 2 34" UW’s in landscape and 2 21.5" 16:9’s in portrait flanking the UW’s, on this one using the direct mount.

Big note, about monitor arms, clamp and direct mount. If you are going to use them, make sure you are attaching them to solid wood. a lot of the cheaper desks, use wood veneers with corrugated cardboard, which can give way, under the wait and clamping force, of a monitor arm.

Cardboard desk example:

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4lymbr/lpt_dont_use_a_multi_monitor_mount_with_ikea/

Damaged IKEA desk from a amazon review:

2 Likes

Nah, I open her up and blow all the dust out a couple times a year.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the information :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Garage rig

Got that little Lenovo for $375 off eBay. It’s actually got some pep - i7, 8GB ram, 256 SSD. Certainly overkill for what it’s for but since when are these things supposed to make sense? :man_shrugging:t2::smirk::muscle:t3:

8 Likes

that could have been solved if that person used a piece of hardwood between the clamp and table to distribute the force more -_-

But yeah, cheapo particle board tables vs torque from monitors on a stand = a disappointing evening

1 Like