Post Your Computer

I actually used small bamboo cutting boards on the top and bottom of the desk to reinforce the mount point that I had my monitor arm on, because the Desk was built the same way as the Ikea desks, but with 1/8th inch sheet metal, instead of wood veneers, as I didn’t want it bending the desk and leaning. lol

Old picture

3 Likes

You know funny thing,

Both my main table and my stream table are Ikea tables. One is a higher quality table, the other is cheap-o particle board like in the pic of the damaged desk you posted.

I have a somewhat annoyingly stiff mic arm, this one to be specific, mounted on the really cheap thin particle board with super cheap laminate desk. I was trying to adjust the mic arm last night when I hear the very distinct sound of particle board crunch as the torque and bite of the arm’s clamp fights against the super stiff joints of the arm.

I was instantaneously reminded both of that picture, and my own advice haha…

I should invest in some nicer desks to stream on :slight_smile:

Also, that’s a quality setup!

3 Likes

Why not just mount to the wall?

8 Likes

Thanks, can’t go wrong with old office furniture, especially when its free. lol

2 Likes

To permanent for me / I hate painting. :rofl:

Shaka, when the walls fell

5 Likes

Love a good wall mount, my landlord does not :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

same :sob:

2 Likes

Speaking of desks/tables though, for my stream setup I really want to upgrade to one of these, just need to measure out the space I have

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-Adjustable-Height-Work-Table-HOLT52XDB12/301809830#product-overview

Oh man, let me tell you there is nothing better than buying your own house and being able to do whatever the hell want want including watching movies at full volume. Obviously having a detached house is key - sux if you live in the UK or Europe. *cough 'Murica :eagle: :us: :muscle:t3: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Wow, that’s cheep… Does that include the slab?

Edit: “The 1.2 in. thick, solid wood top is rugged and beautiful and there is plenty of space on the 52 in. W x 24 in.” That’s a steal at that price. Granted it is a manual crank and only has a depth of 24"…

1 Like

yup includes the slab!

Not super deep, but for my uses that’s fine since it won’t be my computer desk, just my stream desk which the camera has full view of anyhow

It would be replacing this table I have in front of me anyhow

which isn’t particularly deep.

manual crank is fine for me since I would only change it between streams or as I shoot b roll/videos :smiley:

only PITA is the fact it weighs almost 90 lbs

1 Like

Latest build is a 3950X based Hypervisor using the Asrock Rack X570D4U-2L2T w/ 128GB of RAM.

6 Likes

At least it’s on casters. My Hon desk weighs 217 lbs. Have to disassemble it when I want to move it. The old hon desk w/credenza that I use to use weighed a cumulative 578 lbs and could only be broken down into 2 separate pieces (8 if you count pulling the drawers out, but they weren’t that heavy.). The credenza 175 lbs and the desk 403 lbs (-the weight of the drawers.), because the people that assembled it added industrial glue. lol

2 Likes

Darmok at Tanagra :heart:

5 Likes

Sokath, his eyes open!

6 Likes

Temba, his arms wide!

6 Likes

Darmok on the ocean. :arrow_left: relevant to 2020…

7 Likes

Kira at Bashi! Who knew?

3 Likes

Until the HOA sends you a nasty gram about having white lights on the bush outside our door the first week of January because we are now outside the grace period for holiday decorations being allowable. Was just a single strand of lights we had for all of our external decorations…

2 Likes

@ddrfraser1
Sokath, his eyes opened.

@TheNamesTy45
I worked with a guy in PHX, who’s house was not part of the neighborhood HOA, he always laughed about how they kept trying to recruit him and he’d tell them no, because it will literally lower the value of my house. lol

3 Likes