Post Your Keyboards!

much love for my brand new customed Skyloong keyboard, solid as rock, heavy like a brick, simply satisfied :innocent:

12 Likes

does it come with optical or normal switches? I’m confused with which keyboard by skyloong uses optical and which one uses normal mechanical switches.

cheap first keyboard I got on facebook marketplace for around 45 dollars (my currency rm180)
Cx60 pcb with stacked acrylic case
Cherry mx reds and honey milk keycaps.
Tape modded

9 Likes

Recently got an IBM 3180 Display Station Keyboard Element, a 122-key Model F!

27 Likes

Thermal r1 with mt3 3277, I really like how this combo looks.

29 Likes

My finished all-orange build.

The layout is the next iteration of my first hhkb-inspired layout seen here.

The switches are all-orange frankenswitches, after some experiments.

Top and bottom housing: C3 Tangerines
Leaf: C3 Tangerines
Stem: Tecsee Coral
Spring: Tecsee slow curve, two-stage springs, 63.5g

Stabs: orange self-dyed Durock V2

Caps: Signature Plastics, DSA, OAX and OAZ colour.

Case: kbdfans low profile orange aluminium case.

12 Likes

ME TOO

3 Likes

Whoa dude.

Now take a picture with green lighting. Pretty pleeease. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My space camping board. More photos on the Instagram Post

21 Likes

:chef’s kiss:

I’ll never stop loving this board, one of the best designs ever, iconic.

2 Likes

I like it a lot because I’m a sucker for LEDs, but I also love the low angle. I recently discovered a nifty way to improve the typing experience on it by accident.

As you may or may not know, the tolerance on the Space65 between the case edge and keycaps is VERY tight. One fraction of a mm one way or the other will result in keycaps rubbing on the case. This is mostly an issue with GMK keycaps. ePBT are slghtly smaller in each direction from shrinking and don’t ever rub.

After messing around with the plate position for half an hour, I started to realize I could only get it perfectly centered (no rubbing on any caps) if some of the supports screws were not in. Long story short, I believe the mount hole at the bottom of the plate (below the space bar) is off by a small margin. So, when you tighten that screw in, it pulls the plate over one way too far. I also found that if I didn’t add the screw to that center support, it resulted in a very nice typing feel and sound.

TLDR: Fixed the case rubbing issue and found a nice mod for the Space65 that makes it more flexible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

trying out the monolegend minimal look

22 Likes

clean :soap:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Do you mean a green light for the photo? Or green lighting from the board?

1 Like

4 Likes

Yes. Actually it was a kind of a joke. But I think the orange may look even more convincing with non orange objects or light in the photo. You know. Like teeth looking nit as white, when having tooth paste foam around them.

But don’t hassle with this external lighting thing. It really looks gorgeous and bad ass at the same time on the pic.

1 Like

I am not a great keyboard photographer, but this is an older shot of my Saturn-60 decked out for Christmas, sporting SA Oblivion alphas and Godspeed mods. I’ve since replaced the minibars with convex ones from the recent OhKeycaps group buy.

Its final form is awaiting either SA 8010 or SA Spectra, whichever looks best once they finally ship.

26 Likes

Saturn60 so cool. Amazing build. Perfect Retro vibes.

4 Likes

Sat75 Seaweed Green x GMK WoB

First time putting WoB on the Sat75 and I think it’s a great fit. Probably my favorite caps on it thus far.

Edit: Did a typing test in short video format for YT/IG. I might make more of these!

20 Likes