What is on your desk today?

Just finished this one. GMK Bento, Tecsee Ruby, Thera75.

8 Likes

those teals look quite close to gmk. man, i might have to get these after all.

Alright, one last snap before the New Year. Sometimes, simple is best :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

Finally just threw my weeb barney set on the singa. I generally won’t spring for the Japanese sets but this one just has such big chaos energy I couldn’t not. I think the final home for this set will be a 60% because the F keys’ plainness almost take away from the chaos imo

10 Likes

Swapped in some Kiwis and put some accent modifiers on my TX-66 to brighten things up a bit for the winter months

15 Likes

I managed to finish a quick build before the holidays are over.

• DZ60 in an e-white tofu-case, plateless
  • Durock Daybreaks with SPRiT MX 100 S Slow Extreme springs
  • Durock V2 stabilizers
  • SP DSA keycaps

I wanted to try two things which I am not used to in this build.
Linears and a HHKB-inspired layout.

Let’s see how it goes…

13 Likes

Love the look. Did you custom order the mods as individual keys?

Thanks!

Some of them, the FN, the 1.5-backspace and the 1.75-shift.
I got all the others as part of some kits SP is offering.

2 Likes

Accent mode:

I dig it. Side thought - as a brand, did Cyberpunk 2077 set or follow the trend of bright yellow as a hip color?

Monochrome mode:

I like this more than I expected to. A lot more.

I like the accent colors, but on this keeb, I think keeping it monochrome looks just right.

:raised_hand::expressionless::ok_hand:

I’ll be using this keeb both as my home daily and as my test bed for trying and writing about switches. I knew I wanted to use a PBT set for that, but I didn’t expect to find one that suits the keeb so well.

I really liked Cyber with this case - more than accented Taro - but to my eyes, monochrome Taro fits this case color even more than Cyber - like it belongs there.

That makes two in the collection I’d consider to have “arrived” in terms of pairing visible parts; that case and those caps are a unit in my mind now.

13 Likes

Cool keyboard, I haz one too

9 Likes

Norbaforce K2 is currently the favorite child at the moment

Just moved on from the Model O wireless to the Superlight!

23 Likes

A very plain Realforce R2 awaiting it’s fancy new Polycarbonate skin.

14 Likes

Taro Balls in my Taro Portico.

Very different from my usual! Last time I used these was with ABS MT3; Cherry PBT definitely translates more of the bouncy sharp bump this switch has. I had to take some time to adjust from a month or so of nothing but linears, but I’m really getting into them.

Plenty smooth from the factory; only thing that might need tuning depending on your enclosure would be the springs, having a bit of resonance.

8 Likes

The colors are on point! :+1:

1 Like

Also, made a meme:

22 Likes

Nothing yet. Just set up a new work space!

19 Likes

I like it, the red toolbox and the posters gives the vibes of a proper workshop.

3 Likes

This weird pre-built called the Cleave!

Here’s way too many words about it: Truly Ergonomic Cleave Keyboard Review – Nuclear Monster and that’s why I was looking for optical switches (and still haven’t found any!)

9 Likes

I just watched Thomas’ review on this keyboard. I’d say it was fairly positive by his standards

6 Likes

One of my colleague is waiting for it’s one to arrive.
He is a big fan of the previous version: he owns two of them that I customized with cherry red linear switches.

4 Likes