What is on your desk today?

Sorry for another Soya U80 post but this board is versatile. It’s so good with the good ol’ Susuwatari. Kinda fanboying over this board more and more. Wish Rama’s business relationships didn’t go upside down.

13 Likes

Naw naw, keep them coming :v:t3: I’m loving all these different looks!

1 Like

NK_ Taro, a Portico, and some Cap Golden Yellows

I think I’ll be using this keyset (and keeb) for switch testing - but from a theming perspective these switches, keys, and case were practically made for each-other.

The whole keeb.

All the keys fit well except the spacebar, which doesn’t hold onto the C3 Equalz stab stems - a little PTFE thread tape did the trick. I used to use other things for this purpose, but thread tape seems the best; it grips, fills-in gaps, but also tends to give-way before it damages anything.

10 Likes

Just finished this one. GMK Bento, Tecsee Ruby, Thera75.

8 Likes

those teals look quite close to gmk. man, i might have to get these after all.

Alright, one last snap before the New Year. Sometimes, simple is best :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

Finally just threw my weeb barney set on the singa. I generally won’t spring for the Japanese sets but this one just has such big chaos energy I couldn’t not. I think the final home for this set will be a 60% because the F keys’ plainness almost take away from the chaos imo

10 Likes

Swapped in some Kiwis and put some accent modifiers on my TX-66 to brighten things up a bit for the winter months

15 Likes

I managed to finish a quick build before the holidays are over.

• DZ60 in an e-white tofu-case, plateless
  • Durock Daybreaks with SPRiT MX 100 S Slow Extreme springs
  • Durock V2 stabilizers
  • SP DSA keycaps

I wanted to try two things which I am not used to in this build.
Linears and a HHKB-inspired layout.

Let’s see how it goes…

13 Likes

Love the look. Did you custom order the mods as individual keys?

Thanks!

Some of them, the FN, the 1.5-backspace and the 1.75-shift.
I got all the others as part of some kits SP is offering.

2 Likes

Accent mode:

I dig it. Side thought - as a brand, did Cyberpunk 2077 set or follow the trend of bright yellow as a hip color?

Monochrome mode:

I like this more than I expected to. A lot more.

I like the accent colors, but on this keeb, I think keeping it monochrome looks just right.

:raised_hand::expressionless::ok_hand:

I’ll be using this keeb both as my home daily and as my test bed for trying and writing about switches. I knew I wanted to use a PBT set for that, but I didn’t expect to find one that suits the keeb so well.

I really liked Cyber with this case - more than accented Taro - but to my eyes, monochrome Taro fits this case color even more than Cyber - like it belongs there.

That makes two in the collection I’d consider to have “arrived” in terms of pairing visible parts; that case and those caps are a unit in my mind now.

13 Likes

Cool keyboard, I haz one too

9 Likes

Norbaforce K2 is currently the favorite child at the moment

Just moved on from the Model O wireless to the Superlight!

23 Likes

A very plain Realforce R2 awaiting it’s fancy new Polycarbonate skin.

14 Likes

Taro Balls in my Taro Portico.

Very different from my usual! Last time I used these was with ABS MT3; Cherry PBT definitely translates more of the bouncy sharp bump this switch has. I had to take some time to adjust from a month or so of nothing but linears, but I’m really getting into them.

Plenty smooth from the factory; only thing that might need tuning depending on your enclosure would be the springs, having a bit of resonance.

8 Likes

The colors are on point! :+1:

1 Like

Also, made a meme:

22 Likes

Nothing yet. Just set up a new work space!

19 Likes

I like it, the red toolbox and the posters gives the vibes of a proper workshop.

3 Likes