Post Your Keyboards!

That’s a good question—I would think yes since POM feels like a softer plastic, but I can’t speak from any experience.

2 Likes

Mission accomplished. Friend received the Alice layout mech that I built for him to try out.

Another convert.

11 Likes

What switch did you go with? I am thinking to build a board for a friend, but no idea what type of switches and spring weight is most friendly for rubber dome user.

2 Likes

He wanted tactile switches so I used TTC Bluish White switches. Not too heavy.

2 Likes

These are the two norbaforce siblings that I proudly own since yesterday. I purchased them just some hours before discontinuation of Topre housings was announced in the newsletter. I really needed only one, but I couldn’t decide between Aperture and K2 colors, so I got both :slight_smile: and I adore them both. I also wanted to support Ryan’s work as I want to see more products with his retro-futuristic design philosophy that I love so much. I share similar nostalgic feelings with Ryan when it comes to retro-futurism and optimism for the future of previous decades. Also, feeling of Topre switch clicks those nostalgic buttons for me, so Topre and Ryan’s design is a perfect combination for me.

Thank you Ryan @norbauer for making these amazing specimens. I will keep them with me for the rest of my life.

22 Likes

what nice thick bezels!

1 Like

I cannot tell you how much this means to me, especially that your formulated it in exactly this way. This made my day. :slight_smile: :pray:t2:

7 Likes

I’m very glad ro read this :slight_smile:

1 Like

If we look to the past’s optimism for our present in hopes of channeling it for our own future, with the present being vastly different if not worse than the past’s vision of it, wouldn’t this reflection ultimately culminate in disappointment, knowing that the previous optimism was misplaced? Am I a nihilist now? Send philosophical help – keyboards also.

2 Likes

Put some red Unicomp keycaps on my Maxi Switch OEM 1997 IBM Model M13 to match its nipple:

15 Likes

The red looks really good with the black, and it appears to match the red of the trackpoint very well!

1 Like

This is my fav keeb butt of all time. My Singa V3 is built up with alu plate, 67g tangies, tangie colorway C3 stabs, and GMK Coral.

11 Likes

I needed something that could act as a stepping stone between a traditional keyboard layout, and the minimal ortholinear keyboards (and ultimately, the 34-key split keyboards), so that I can convert more people. So I made Nudge:

Kailh Purpz, 49 keys, three 1.5U keys, no stabs. The keycaps are a bit of a mess, because there are no 1.5U transparent ones, and I needed the homing keys, but I will probably use MBK Legends once they are released sometime this century hopefully.

The layout right now is this, but I’m still experimenting a bit:

Project page at Nudge Keyboard | Hackaday.io

13 Likes

Did you use MX spacing? The keys still look pretty far apart. I’ve always wanted a 12-13u staggered Choc board, but with Choc spacing.

Would have preferred a split 3.5u space (1.75/1.75) for thumb peddling. Also, if you are trying to convert people to ortho .25u uniform stagger might have worked better for R3 and many sets have 1.25u shift.

But despite those small criticisms (which are really just personal preference) - this is a really cool project! Would buy.

2 Likes

Hi, I used MX spacing, because not all keycaps I have for chocs work with choc spacing, and I wanted to have choice (in particular, those transparent keycaps are too high for choc spacing). The 1.5U keys are much easier to find, so I went with that, and the 0.25U stagger worked nicely for centering the top row.

1 Like

So creative, hopefully you inspire some conversions to the tiny + split + lowpro life.

1 Like

This is super intriguing

once daily driver resurrected from the dead with an h87a

17 Likes

Finally got down to building the Mekanisk Klippe R4 this weekend. The build:

• Mekanisk Klippe R4 case
  • Case + Plate foam from MKUltra
  • Mekanisk + Wilba WT60-D PCB
  • Mekanisk Brass plate
  • Novelkeys Blueberry Switches
  • Drop MT3 WoB Keycaps

15 Likes

RIP sweet prince 2021. Died presumably of poor soldering job on a couple switches. I ran out of desoldering wick so I cannot even fix it. Feels like I just lost a child. I will fix it eventually, when I have the funds to do so.

2 Likes