Post Your Keyboards!

<Bubbles’ Voice> Deeeecent. </Bubbles’ Voice>

20 Likes

1987 Model M for the IBM 3151 ASCII Display Station (P/N 1392595). The main block keycaps are Unicomp’s APL and (partially) RGB mods keycap sets. The numeric keypad keycaps are standard for so-called ‘ASCII-style’ terminal keyboards like this.

I nicknamed this the “SymbolsMaster”!

21 Likes

I’m jealous of those keycaps

2 Likes

Finally, something useful to do with those pesky ISO enter keys. :wink:

13 Likes

My current daily driver.
I’m lovin’ it!

22 Likes

17 Likes

Summary

Flex kbd D60 HHKB - YouTube

13 Likes

Built my polycarbonate Evija! Alu plate with 55g domes sound and feel great!

31 Likes

This looks fantastic! Does the Evija’s alu plate make it sound and feel more similar to a RealForce/Leopold compared to a HHKB?

2 Likes

It’s actually softer than the realforce, at least in comparison with the rf87u. I have the Evija HG as well that had a steel plate, that I think is more similar to the 87u. I think the 55g domes and alu plate work well together in this setup.

1 Like

Built three keyboards in one week - no premium boards, but had a hell of a lot of fun!

(All my premium group buys that were supposed to be delivered over the course of the year are all slated to ship in the next 6 weeks - my wife is going to think I am blowing the Christmas budget on myself!)

24 Likes

What are the specs on the boards, particularly the small teal one?

3 Likes
  • Koalifications 75 - open sourced 75% with oled

• DSP40 PCB in an AMJ40 top mount case

• FistBNMP a custom 9u ortho that I’ve made

9u Ortho is interesting because you home on F and H instead of F and J. This centers your hands and works really, really well in an ortho layout.

5 Likes

I’m both impressed and appalled by your FistBNMP! Didn’t notice it was missing that last home key on the right until you mentioned it.

The case and everything looks really professional. Nice work!

2 Likes

kam wraith is so cool

3 Likes

True story

1 Like

A bit late here (sorry). While not a fan of top mount, I did want to give mad props to that case. Amazing.

11 Likes

PMK dye sub DSA caps came in today. @norbauer is absolutely correct, PMK dye sub is second to none. After seeing the quality of the Otaku caps am edging closer to joining Palm Desert.

17 Likes

Agreed on the quality of SP’s dye sub quality. It’s stunningly sharp.

It’s starting to get cold out, which means it’s time for me to swap the alphas on my camping-themed board back to full-out GMK Camping.

I keep the tan U9 alphas from GMK Coniferous on this board through most of the year because I associate that color with camping more than the eggshell white of GMK Camping (probably because it’s closer to the color of my old boyscout uniform), but I like swapping in the camping alphas once winter comes around. I don’t really do a lot of camping in the dead of winter, and it doesn’t really snow much in my corner of the world even if I did, but this really gives me vibes of waking up and getting out of my tent to an inch of fresh snow.

10 Likes