The ISO Enter looks so good on a 75, probably because the position is perfectly balanced around it.
Thematically, a 3D-printed chassis might be one of the best possible things to pair with a cyberpunk keyset. ![]()
I really do consider everybody here in this group as a cyberpunker to at least some degree; building their own keyboards…
A “Navy” (more like Teal) Freebird TKL with the following:
- PBTfans Deep Sea Predator Hoshoku base with Latin Alphas
- Durock Medium Tactiles with TX Long 62g springs and a TX Long 67g in the spacebar, 3204 on rails, leaf and stem rails, white Deskeys films
- POM plate in Top Mount
- TX stabs
I like to think of this as the 2023 version of the basic top mount keyboard from roughly 2017-2019? The DMTs are today’s Ergo Clears, 16mm TX Long springs are like today’s short springs compared to the new age 18mm+ two/three stage stuff, POM plate instead of PC plate. A nice and relaxed typing experience.
That’s a nice mix of blues.
lovely setup! ![]()
Thank you!
Hi all! After my IK75, here’s my new keeb!
Board: GMK67
Switch: Outemu Silent Ocean
Keycap: “Blue” PBT set from Ali
Mods:
- plumber’s mod and relubed stabilizers
- switch film on PC plate
- covered internal bottom with automotive tape, to try to dampen sound a little more.
- poron strip in spacebar
Nothing else, as I would have liked to have this one near stock at possible.
Have to say quite a nice board, well built and with some nice silencing foams already in it, considering the price obv.
Here is my latest build:
It’s called Orange Overlook. I made a video about it, but I can’t post links here. If you search youtube for “Orange Overlook” you’ll find it.
That’s really beautiful.
Very nice!
Is that Portland?
What PCB did you use? And is there a 3D printed mid-piece in between the acrylic layers?
Yes, it’s Portland. It’s all hand-wired. There is a 3D printed frame. I built a custom printer to accommodate the size. I made a video about it, but the forum won’t let me post a link so here’s a broken one:
youtu.be / o8HUuwkqKC4
Very cool build project!
I planned this build years ago and finally got the keyset this week. Built it up last night ![]()
GMK British Racing Green in a green KBDfans 5 degree case. Carbon fiber plate, Akko green switches (I had planned Kiwis but I already have those in 2 boards now). The mounting is kind of a crazy experiment; in order to make it flex I dremeled out all the mounting posts other than the 4 that are near the sides and then added rubber O-rings to the mounting screws to give it a ton of bounce. Honestly, it’s a bit much but that might also just be a matter of it not working well with these switches.
Rebuilt the old QXP. It is hard to tune the sound of this one so I just used the lighter Zeal Clickiez and it turned out brilliantly. The switches love DCS caps, they were meant for one another.
No one does dye sub like SP.
Looks very elegant. Bravo
Bakeneko65 with MT3 Black Speech
Finally decided to give this keyboard a try - along with PBT MT3, Nyogel in place of dielectric grease, and some Tecsee UHMWPE & polycarb switches called Snow Globes.
Actually my second attempt with Nyogel (thanks again @ajoflo for the suggestion), this time with a more balanced amount vs my previous over-application. I’m very pleased so far; the stuff is thick and sticky - and also more elastic than BDZ.
On the legends
Keen-eyed Elvish readers among you may notice an out-of-place key or two, and many more may notice the upside-down spacebar. I think it still works visually thanks to the absence of English and long trails both on the top and bottom of many characters - even if it outs me as a Tolkien casual. ![]()
On reflection, it looks like that while the kitting physically supports many layouts, the legends were designed with a classic nav cluster in mind; I couldn’t have 65% nav keys that were both row and legend correct. Thankfully, I can’t read Elvish. ![]()
Either way,
I think this is one of the coolest looking keyboards in my collection - and yet another pairing that just seemed obviously right as soon as I saw it.
I’m really loving this keyset so far, and I’m enjoying the modest bouncy reverb from the soft gasket o-ring I’m using for the build.
With these currently stock switches and FR4 plate (and without any foam to speak of), the keyboard has an almost dry, crunchy sound accompanied by some slinky spring-jiggle. If I use my imagination, I can see a large band of mail-wearing orcs, trudging upon freshly-scorched earth…
The shiny finish on this case is a nice change of pace from the usual. I didn’t buy the keeb and keyset with each-other in-mind, but after comparing the case with a handful of grey sets this one looked like the move. (Susuwatari, Paperwork, and Nines also look great with this color)











