Post Your Keyboards!

Close up of my GMK67 with golden knob and Rome clones AFSA profile caps

8 Likes

Today I built a 40% with Blue Alps switches.

23 Likes

Slapped awaken on my PLA75 today:

11 Likes

The ISO Enter looks so good on a 75, probably because the position is perfectly balanced around it.

5 Likes

Thematically, a 3D-printed chassis might be one of the best possible things to pair with a cyberpunk keyset. :metal:

7 Likes

I really do consider everybody here in this group as a cyberpunker to at least some degree; building their own keyboards…

3 Likes

Received my after-school DSA caps :slight_smile:

13 Likes

A “Navy” (more like Teal) Freebird TKL with the following:

• PBTfans Deep Sea Predator Hoshoku base with Latin Alphas
  • Durock Medium Tactiles with TX Long 62g springs and a TX Long 67g in the spacebar, 3204 on rails, leaf and stem rails, white Deskeys films
  • POM plate in Top Mount
  • TX stabs

I like to think of this as the 2023 version of the basic top mount keyboard from roughly 2017-2019? The DMTs are today’s Ergo Clears, 16mm TX Long springs are like today’s short springs compared to the new age 18mm+ two/three stage stuff, POM plate instead of PC plate. A nice and relaxed typing experience.

10 Likes

That’s a nice mix of blues.

My favorite of year 2022: Neson 700E

17 Likes

lovely setup! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi all! After my IK75, here’s my new keeb!

Board: GMK67
Switch: Outemu Silent Ocean
Keycap: “Blue” PBT set from Ali
Mods:

• plumber’s mod and relubed stabilizers
  • switch film on PC plate
  • covered internal bottom with automotive tape, to try to dampen sound a little more.
  • poron strip in spacebar

Nothing else, as I would have liked to have this one near stock at possible.

Have to say quite a nice board, well built and with some nice silencing foams already in it, considering the price obv.

8 Likes

Here is my latest build:

It’s called Orange Overlook. I made a video about it, but I can’t post links here. If you search youtube for “Orange Overlook” you’ll find it.

16 Likes

That’s really beautiful.

2 Likes

Very nice!

Is that Portland?

What PCB did you use? And is there a 3D printed mid-piece in between the acrylic layers?

1 Like

Yes, it’s Portland. It’s all hand-wired. There is a 3D printed frame. I built a custom printer to accommodate the size. I made a video about it, but the forum won’t let me post a link so here’s a broken one:
youtu.be / o8HUuwkqKC4

5 Likes

Very cool build project!

1 Like

I planned this build years ago and finally got the keyset this week. Built it up last night :smile:

GMK British Racing Green in a green KBDfans 5 degree case. Carbon fiber plate, Akko green switches (I had planned Kiwis but I already have those in 2 boards now). The mounting is kind of a crazy experiment; in order to make it flex I dremeled out all the mounting posts other than the 4 that are near the sides and then added rubber O-rings to the mounting screws to give it a ton of bounce. Honestly, it’s a bit much but that might also just be a matter of it not working well with these switches.

17 Likes

Yellow mood

19 Likes