Post Your Keyboards!

Rebuilt the old QXP. It is hard to tune the sound of this one so I just used the lighter Zeal Clickiez and it turned out brilliantly. The switches love DCS caps, they were meant for one another.

No one does dye sub like SP.

10 Likes

Looks very elegant. Bravo

1 Like

Bakeneko65 with MT3 Black Speech

Finally decided to give this keyboard a try - along with PBT MT3, Nyogel in place of dielectric grease, and some Tecsee UHMWPE & polycarb switches called Snow Globes.

Actually my second attempt with Nyogel (thanks again @ajoflo for the suggestion), this time with a more balanced amount vs my previous over-application. I’m very pleased so far; the stuff is thick and sticky - and also more elastic than BDZ.

On the legends

Keen-eyed Elvish readers among you may notice an out-of-place key or two, and many more may notice the upside-down spacebar. I think it still works visually thanks to the absence of English and long trails both on the top and bottom of many characters - even if it outs me as a Tolkien casual. :stuck_out_tongue:

On reflection, it looks like that while the kitting physically supports many layouts, the legends were designed with a classic nav cluster in mind; I couldn’t have 65% nav keys that were both row and legend correct. Thankfully, I can’t read Elvish. :smiley:

Either way,

I think this is one of the coolest looking keyboards in my collection - and yet another pairing that just seemed obviously right as soon as I saw it.

I’m really loving this keyset so far, and I’m enjoying the modest bouncy reverb from the soft gasket o-ring I’m using for the build.

With these currently stock switches and FR4 plate (and without any foam to speak of), the keyboard has an almost dry, crunchy sound accompanied by some slinky spring-jiggle. If I use my imagination, I can see a large band of mail-wearing orcs, trudging upon freshly-scorched earth…

The shiny finish on this case is a nice change of pace from the usual. I didn’t buy the keeb and keyset with each-other in-mind, but after comparing the case with a handful of grey sets this one looked like the move. (Susuwatari, Paperwork, and Nines also look great with this color)

10 Likes

Love the shiny finish on that board :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is my Sonnet with GMK Foundation keycaps. I’ve installed mill max sockets on to the PCB and tried all kinds of switches and configurations. Now the curiosity has settled on POM plate stack-mounted with the Anthracite switches from the same brand.

This is my first kit board that I got in December. Before I thought that $500 was completely normal for a keyboard. They keycaps are ePBT Scandi which I got mostly because it’s one of two sets that I’ve seen featuring my native language’s (and most commonly used layout) Þ, Ð and Ö in the correct position. The only other set I’ve seen with these keys is GMK Electric.
I like this board because it’s colorful and light enough to carry around. Right now I have Kailh Midnight Pro’s in them because it’s my only board that suits those switches well.

10 Likes

I really should post here more often as I seem to swap out keyboards in my collection like once (or twice :face_with_peeking_eye:) a day :face_with_spiral_eyes:

This is my QK60 tri-mode WKL in Lavender with a brass weight.

My favorite color is purple, and if you went WKL, you gotta show off the blockers, right??

Went with the full QK foam treatment, POM plate.

I have a handfuls of 60%'s and love them all for different reasons, but feel like they are some of the best sounding builds in my collection.

This setup feels and sounds perfect to me and don’t see it changing up too much in the future.

6 Likes

I think @heebiekeebies would appreciate this build.

2 Likes

Damn guys, I discover something new from random posts I look at here everyday: now I’m curious and have to find more infos about this Nyogel for stabs.

End OT :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Dude! That’s awesome. I swear, learning how to properly apply that stuff was a challenge itself. I ruined so many stabs in the process. It was worth it though, that stuff is pure stab rattle kryptonite.

2 Likes

DCX Jasmine on the Keebox M0110 Retro Apple keyboard.

Instagram Link for more photos

20 Likes

Another day, another 60%! This one is set up just for show as it combines my hobby of building keyboards as well as Lego sets. :grin:

Both are displayed on top of yet another hobby, my vinyl collection :older_man:t2:

His name is Adam Driver :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This is the Adam60 from KBDcraft.

I picked it up shortly after it was first posted on keebtalk, and always kind of had it in mind to just put it on display. I was impressed with how it sounded after it was built though. The stock stabs needed some work, but all-in-all, it wasn’t too bad.

Switches: Gateron G Pro Browns (I had them leftover from my Keychron Q1.)
Keycaps: Cerakeys ceramic keycaps (Ignore the fact that I don’t have proper shift keys… It was the kitting, I swear)
Stabilizers: KBDcraft Stabi (Included)

9 Likes

A bunch of my group buys came in over the past couple of months that I’d been waiting on for almost 2 years…

Top to bottom:

• Salvun Salvation in Samurai Blue
    Keycaps: GMK Striker R2
    Switches: Banana Split
    Artisan: Salvun
  • Rama Thermal Seq2 in Rose Gold
    Keycaps: KAM Little Pilot
    Switches: Pewter
  • Rama Thermal Seq2 in Kuro
    Keycaps: GMK Dracula
    Switches: JWK Matcha
    Artisan: Archetype 808 Boom
  • Rama Thermal Seq2 in Milk
    Keycaps: GMK Serenity
    Switches: Creamsicles (Tangerines with Cream Stems)
    Artisan: Brocaps Bronin

So happy with them all. Each was a joy to build. I’m particularly enjoying the banana splits on the salvation. It feels like typing on little egg shells.

14 Likes

Haha. That’s a pretty good description of Banana Splits.

2 Likes

More photos of the Thermals :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Beautiful. I love that rose gold :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like seeing KAM Little Pilot on the rose gold case

2 Likes

Man you really are making me pull the trigger on this one when I absolutely do not need it! Looks great.

1 Like

Bias with BSP blanks, PC plate and some older ergo clears

10 Likes

This gives me 1984 retro Amstrad/Schneider CPC464 vibes, when having 64kB RAM was more than enough…

10 Likes

64k of RAM’s still plenty… oh, you meant the whole computer, not just the keyboard controller! :wink:

4 Likes