Post Your Keyboards!

Put JTK emerald on my Sangeo65

19 Likes

justrite

1 Like

To celebrate two weeks until Tears of the Kingdom, we have double the adventure! DMK Adventurer on my Sagittarius in the front and a Tiger Lite I’m building for a friend in the back.

I’m a little too lazy to convert my caps/control to non-stepped so I will have an all brown left mod cluster.

This is my second DMK set (have Double Chip) and this one seems considerably nicer. The texture is, I think, inferior to that of a GMK set but it otherwise compares favorably. There’s something about tripleshot that just calls out to me. Downside: it’s as expensive if not more expensive than a GMK set. I love Zelda though and prefer this set to Hero for the brighter colors.

13 Likes

Never sure where to post. This was on my workbench for the past 2 days, and now it’s on my desktop. But here are some Instagram photos of my Phoenix TKL:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crv18OBuvzq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Another one of those builds that surprised me. This board is a bit airy, both on the light side in weight (because I got the aluminum base), and in acoustics. It seems to want to accentuate higher pitched sounds. I added a small amount of tape on the interior for force break, but I wanted to work with what the board had to offer and not change it too much. Also, this is a gasket mounted polycarbonate plate, so it’s rather flexy and absorbs a lot of the keypress.

I tried EVERYTHING in this and wasn’t happy. We’re talking a solid 4 hours of dry fitting switches and test typing. However, I knew I was getting closer with each new switch. I was ruling out what did NOT work. I finally figured out two things… the switch needed to be a bit on the light side, and it needed to have a good bottom-out. A heavy switch or an over-lubed switch would get completely absorbed in this case. It would sound dead.

Long story short… Penguin tactile switches. This case absolutely sings with them. It’s a perfect match. And I always love to pair DCS or DSS with light tactile switches, so that’s how I came up with this build. I love it.

9 Likes

That is a really great looking build! Keycaps look great with the silver.

1 Like

I love Penguin tactiles. When I originally got them I was into heavier tactiles so didn’t enjoy them, then about a year later I put them in my Hidari and the are one of my favorite switches to type on.

1 Like

Starting to feel like DJ Khaled at this point:
dj-khaled-another-one

Here’s the instagram link to my Day Off 60 build that I finished today:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr1RgK6vY-h/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Also, screw these QMX stabilizers. I’m really glad I’ve only used them on hotswap boards. I kinda hate them. :rofl:

8 Likes

It’s been months since I’ve seen a 60 that speaks to me, and I’ve seen two today. Way too cool.

Me too :man_shrugging: I mean hey points to GMK for trying new things, they can’t all be winners - but yeah - those stayed on my board less than a full hour of use-time. Maybe I haven’t found the right use-case for them - maybe they just aren’t what I like - not sure yet, but kinda leaning towards the latter.

4 Likes

Exactly. Won’t be picking these up again… I even went the route of popping the stem out and lubing them as usual, but still ended up with clearance issues on plates leading to slow return.

Just going to stick with Staebies or TX going forward. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sloth on Slag

19 Likes

Really feeling the NicePBT F-Basic. Featured today on an S46 Bluetooth 40% keyboard.

12 Likes

A numpad for my G75mini!

This was supposed to match the G75mini but I had these made at different times so color matching is not so good :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Love that pattern on the bottom

1 Like

Finally got my hands on a Salvation after getting sent the wrong board…

Went with the eCoat Textured Red, as I am trying to inject more color into my collection :heart_eyes:

I went with a half-plate build on the Wilba Weird Flex PCB and the stock Salvun FR4 plate. I used a Dremel to cut the middle portion out cleanly.

Switches are Cthulhu Frankenswitches that I have lubed and filmed when they were made.

Stabilizers are Gateron Long Pole screw-ins, lubed with GS2 on housings and dummy stems, and GS3 on the wires.

Keycaps are GMK Redline with the RAMA artisan.

14 Likes

My old Filco MJ2

• Kobo lacquered case
  • MT3 Noctua
  • Cherry MX Browns
  • Pexon cable, attached, goofily long
  • Let’s not talk about the stabs
  • No FN layer or media functions
  • Looks suspiciously tasty
17 Likes

No kidding on this one. I have a Kobo MJ2 in wood. Love the look and feel. I put Kailh pro purples in it a few years back. About 2 to 3 times a year I think “ooh, why don’t I try to swap out these new keycaps onto that board?” And then I remember why…

I have my trusty old Pegasus Hoof controller for remapping

1 Like

The Keydous NJ98 Keyboard with Screen and Volume

9 Likes

I finally got snow key caps on my @norbauer heavy grail

21 Likes

I posted a few pictures of this one already, but here are a few more in natural lighting

with a few white pieces of paper for color comparison.

Edit to add my thoughts behind the design:

The choices of materials and colors capture my notion of a practical “steampunk” or Victorian era design. The wooden (walnut) case and brass plate are meant to reflect choices that might be made in an age before plastics and affordable aluminum. While the keys are actually made of PBT, the specific color and smoothness of the finish are meant to imitate ivory. Of course, various internal parts (switches, PCB, foam) consist of post-Victorian materials, but one can suspend disbelief about how it actually works and what those are made of.

10 Likes

iron180 brass with GMK classic arabic

13 Likes