Post Your Keyboards!

Yes! :slightly_smiling_face: Enjoying the typing feel too, quite different to the boards I’ve been using more recently which have been stiffer top mounts.

1 Like

Gosh these are actually pretty keyboards despite being point-of-sale.

@Rob27shred Oh my god so good

1 Like

Built the board for work over 6-10 months ago (can’t remember anymore). Cannot be bothered to take any recent pictures, so take 2 randoms from my camera roll.

Tiger Lite
Silent Ink Blacks
GMK ThinkCaps

6 Likes

Nice pairing. Also… I interesting gloves :gloves:

It’s this pair of base layer gloves. The office was cold :smiley:

1 Like

10 Likes

Love my Salvation but it’s my work board at the moment, so I picked up a second for home when I saw these “Avalanche” finishes go up. I love the color and the texture is super cool!

Built with Gazzew Boba U4s and GMK Alpine

14 Likes

Where do you buy the salvation?

1 Like

Vendors like NovelKeys have them:

I’m more interested in the sound of boards. How do these Salvations sound?

5 Likes

My Salvation build is kinda out there (HADflex60 that has flex cuts between each row, FR4 half plate, L+F Pewters). Which gives it a pretty deep sound IMO, like a heavy creamy sound if that makes any sense. I’d assume it would be similar using the weird flex (flex cut below first row, flex cut above 5th row) PCB that it comes with. Then I’d guess it would be a tiny bit higher pitched with solid PCB, but still deep overall. The mounting system really helps to cushion bottom outs making them sound more muted than they would on other mounts IME.

5 Likes

Those new finishes are fire! Build looks great!

2 Likes

That sounds ( :man_facepalming:) great. I did hear the board sound is on the high-pitch side so it’s good to hear there is only a tiny bit of that.

1 Like

@Zozaf I originally got one through NovelKeys like donpark linked, but I’m not sure they have this particular finish. I got this one directly from the Salvun website

@Rob27shred Thanks!

@donpark In my own experience, with the caveat that I like to use “silent” switches in a lot of builds, I’ve found that the Salvation does have a bit of high-pitch content in the sound profile, but like Rob describes, I think the mounting system gives the bottom out a softer, muted sound which could incidentally accentuate the sound on the higher end. Overall I wouldn’t describe the sound profile as particularly high pitch.

7 Likes

This is such a nice combo - I love the mat too, where is it from?

1 Like

The mat looks like a shopping cart in that picture :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t actually remember where specifically I got mine, but it’s called the “Deep Deskmat” and it looks like you can find it from a few different vendors

2 Likes

Finally “finished” the DO50 kit with the horrible stagger. I really hate typing on this. It’s pain. Huano Feker white marble v1 switches, Promicro 32u4 that isn’t programmed yet because i’m too lazy and can’t find a proper guide. And Aifei Icon BoW keycaps. I had to go with thinner keycaps like this because the PCB is north-facing.

6 Likes

My board with the first keyset I designed is finally assembled now that the caps have arrived. Today I also got a special artisan made by Zouabi. I love how it looks :slight_smile:

Specs - QK65 , aluminum plate, Holy Panda X Switches, KDS Chainsaw, Pochita artisan by Zouabi

12 Likes

Panels on SBL on Busytown

11 Likes

No glamor shots here, unfortunately, just a working budget DIYer setup on an Ikea desktop that’s just about tapped out. I long ago combined WFH and personal workstations, and usually run with one monitor each. At 5pm, the one on the left gets stashed on top of the laptop and the one on the right gets pulled out to a proper position.

Left Side: Magegee Sky98, $23 on Warehouse deals, literally the cheapest hotswap 1800 I could find. Glued some small metal plates (unused from a TV mount, IIRC) inside the case to add a little solidity and at least get it to the weight of your average steel-plate gamer board. 3-pin hotswap, so Outemu dustproof red replaced with my go-to super-budget switch, Outemu dustproof Green (MOAR CLICKY!). I also did a two-layer tape mod and put some self-adhesive EVA foam into the case, because why not.Last thing was to strip off the Magegee nameplate and replace with a 3D printed frame that lets me put a little sliver of index card in that spot, currently with a few Fn commands I always forget. Keycaps are low profile XVX that I won in a reddit contest a while back. Between the keycaps and the switches, this cheap lump of plastic looks and feels (to me) way nicer than it has any right to.

Right side: FL-Esports 980 ($43 on warehouse deals). It came with Box Whites, which are nice enough, and have been moved to my one wireless board. I had Box Navies in it (again… MOAR CLICKY!), but when inserting a switch one time, the hotswap socket on the spacebar broke loose, and through four repair attempts, it just never worked reliably enough. F12 or tilde? Would have been fine. Spacebar? Needs to work 100% of the time. Eventually, I just took the whole thing apart, put the reds from the other board into the steel plate, and handwired them to an RP2040 running KMK. I’m getting used to the linears, but I don’t think I will never love them; something fundamental is just missing. The top case didn’t quite snap into place with my handwire job, so I snipped its clips and glued some magnets to it. Boom! Magnetic top case (if one ignores the 1-2mm of trim visible from the side)! Keycaps are CSA blue samurai clones with none of the gold accent caps used (as an aside, I like the set, but they photograph more vibrant than they are IRL. In my lighting, they are pretty dark).

5 Likes